Register now to get rid of these ads!

'59 El Camino Gurus, anybody ever do a quarter panel.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FEDSLED, Sep 18, 2005.

1. FEDSLED

FEDSLED
    from lynnweed

I just picked up a '59 El Camino for free but boy is she rough. It needs quarters on both sides. First question is where to find them and second has anyone ever put one on that has some useful info.I also need A rear window is there anyone repopin those.
    thanks in advance.
    FED

2. I've got an extra clear(non-tint)window FED, but I doubt it would survive a cross-country trek. Used to see em on egay time to time for around a hundred bucks.
    All I know of for the quarters is the two-piece/lower quarter half patches that everybody sells. Better than nothing though--both my 59s are gettin them. Most everybody's got them for about the same price too. Might start at the El Camino store--they seem to carry most of the repop stuff for these cars(trucks? :D )

3. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

4. old beet

old beet

Hell, you and yer dad can chop a Merc in a weekend, makin a couple 1/4s should be easy...LOL................OLDBEET

5. FEDSLED

FEDSLED
    from lynnweed

That came out nice, I think I will give it a try as the car really can't get any worse if I fuck it up. It appears to have a lot of shape that I was worried about recreating but If I have to build both sides I guess they can look any way I wan't them to.
    FED

6. old beet

old beet

Gazz has one at the shop if ya need patterns...........OLDBEET