Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 El Camino.. Build Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Fishbeck, Jan 2, 2010.

1. slammed

slammed

Really? The green went away?

2. Toner283

Toner283

I'm glad I'm not the only one that had a WTF moment. I thought for a second there I was going crazy & seeing funny colors.

The Elky is looking good Jay.

3. It is still going offwhite( 64 Ford wimbelton white) with green interior.. sorry for scare!

4. phatbaby

phatbaby

alrighty...if it was that easy to pick what I'm gonna put on mine ......probaly going to be flat turqoise with a off white top and off white and turquiose roll and pleated...at least this week .....getting close to starting tho

5. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

:eek: Scare you say!!!!!!!. Ford color on Chevy, know thats just evil of you. I'll never sleep the same. :p;):D

6. Truthfully, I really like how chrome contrasts with that off-white.. I seen a Lowered 64 Ford wgn, cruising the Rt66 Car Show years ago! It seared a spot in my memory! Simple & clean!

7. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

I was gonna say, I hadnt seen the update pics of you cutting in the car yet, and I check this thread at least every couple of days!! I like that white your gonna use. we just used it on a 55 fairlane with a chevy red!:eek:

8. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Just bust'n your balls Jay. I do agree that the Ford off white is a nice color, I like it myself as well. It's just that I would of lied and said it's India Ivory :D.

9. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

You chevy guys bleed bowties don't ya!

10. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Yup we sure do :p

11. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wimbledon White! Yesssss!

Better than that Appliance White that afflicts GM cars. Good choice, man of taste you are.

Attached Files:

12. Hahaha.. thats cool on two counts! Nice color choices & second, for telling the truth about it! B)

I always tries to tell the troot! My 57 was painted 'Fords' Bright Tangerine..
    It needs a paint job badly! Almost like it's tryna shed that shit off!

A Ford powerplant in a Chevy, in my book is just plain sacrilege! But the opposite is true when it comes to the contrary! But actually my favorite cars are 26-41 Fords. Classic Chevys & Hot Rod Fords sure compliment each other when they're parked together.. with a bobber in the back!

So I decided upon Alpine Green.. pics make it look like a 'street rod type' blue- which it isn't.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have to degrease the v/cvrs and finish sanding the air cleaner top, and then I can spray them with.. you guessed it - more of GMs Alpine Green! I was fortunate not to have to do that much prep work, since it was already painted black! That was nicee!

13. An yes.. I bowl overhand, when sippin on Dos Equis! I am the worlds most interesting man, that doesn't really exist! Hahaha

14. I'm going to get the H&J Tshirts started today! JimSig is taking me to meet a friend of his, to get things underway

15. This curved file, has been a life saver..

[​IMG]

Right tool for the right job.. It is when it do' what it does! Hahahaha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also hit the fins.. this guy was usually loaded down, from the psngr side? B(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had one low spot to fill.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The door is smooth now.. within my judgement, anyways!

[​IMG]

Here's a video of Gordon Forbes, leading JimSig's 32 5W

click the link

[​IMG]

Oh shit.. I figured out how to post videos now!

16. hemifarris

hemifarris

In the 50s and 60s files with the grooves running one way across the surface were called "bastard files". Me and my older friends still call them that. They were used , flat or curved, for filing lead and sheet metal. I've got a lot of them that my Dad used until he died. They don't load up very easily and will clean themselves of lead with a soft tap on the floor....... It looks as though you'll be ready for paint before fall!?.............Mike

17. I am going to focus on getting the interior painted the green, I had made. Install the glass
    Put in the engine
    Put the frt end on- finish metal & body work
    Then block the f**k out of it some more!
    Then paint, which isn't really that far away..

18. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

I love those "bastard" files!! They are a life saver, cause I hate sanding filler!!! Looking good! I'm starting on my girls 63 bel air this weekend. Luckily its pretty strait with only the hood and right fender ever having seen a body shop. The only thing worse than sanding fresh filler is sanding 50 year old filler!!

19. I don't mind sanding, really. But that vixen file(bastard) saved my butt... it knocked down my high spot(mistakes) in the shtmtl. Good luck and happy hammering on the six-three..

20. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I'm an old fart and when I was a kid my dad had a few of those files in the basement. I had no idea what they were for. I found out later that they must have come from my grandfather who did paint and body work in the 20s-30s I guess. I think there were originally made for lead work.

21. My Dad had an apprentice (Little Ernie Para, who later started Custom Upholstery) in the early 70's. Ernie started calling it an "idiot stick". Cos only an idiot needed it, to find the high spots! It's made for metal finishing.. Whatever or however you wanna use it, to get the job done. I need to buy a shrinking disc! I need to do another search, here on the HAMB!

22. hemifarris

hemifarris

Boy, you are old....:) You've got me by about 13 months. The vixens were metal/lead files. Bondo had not been invented in those days. Sorry Jay, I will not speak of files again.........Mike

23. Mike, you can talk about whatever you want.. no worries!

24. 51 mercules

51 mercules

JJ
    Any info on the shirts.Thanks.

25. I pick them up, this Wednesday. I will email you, as soon as they're in my hand. The orig shirts & jacket(singular) was printed with blue, blue or red ink. I went with white shirts & black print, for this first batch. Probably do blue ink next.. that's the one I remember seeing growing up. My avatar is actually a white t, with red ink.. I edited the colors, on photobucket to blk.

26. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Jay it was great to put a face to your name yesterday @ Tiki Highway.

27. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

First ryno and now u , im totally slacking and deffently need to get my motor painted for the wagon, by the way love the color choice on your motor as well it looks so awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. I said your name out of surprise, so my tone reflected it.." Johnny Gee?!" Funny for sure, when I think back on it, now! Didn't mean to throw you off! Hahaha

So I put the a/clnr top in the molasses/vinegar container, again. The rust in the ctr grooves is quite resistant to my efforts(which have been meager, cos I know the vinegar will get at it)

[​IMG]

Getting the dash and parcel tray ready for green paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did a little scuffing of the door jamb.. told ya it was orange paint from a can!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lots of sanding left to do, ye sir! Sorry for this last pic.. the sun was already down. Amazing what auto fix does on photobucket!

29. Thanks, Cody! Your updates are as always, so neat. Your door push buttons are bitchen! Johnny Gee showed me his 'short wtr pump, alternator brkt set up' he built himself! Really neat idea.. even the use of a scroll saw, is a gem!

I love the HAMB.. thanks for putting up with me guys!

30. They're here, an a day early!

I still have these sizes unaccounted for.. 3 Lrg, 2 XL, 4 XXL

They're Gildan shirts.. not a lot of shrinkage!

[​IMG]