Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '59 Custom Royal project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Fargo, Sep 23, 2016.

1. After 20 years of looking I finally found one, it's a four door sedan but hey, at some point beggars can't be choosers! Just got back from picking it up be Edmonton last night, now to determine if it's worth fixing or a parts car.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

More pictures to come....

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

clunker and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  2. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Looks like that car kept some pretty interesting company!

Good work and more work ahead!

Glad you found what you were looking for too.

3. Plans are to get it running and driving and lowered a little, it'll make a good family cruiser, and yea it had some good company out there, these places are still around

4. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Dont start that parts car crap, You are committed now and are gonna have to make it a car, no matter what it is,:D especially if you truly have been looking for 20 years.:) Looks like a builder from here, Congrats!

5. I agree, it's rougher than the pictures show, there are almost no floors left in it at all. It is remarkably complete though, right down to the owners manual. I'm hoping to get the big block unstuck and running, it's been sitting for thirty years. The only way it's a parts car is if I find a two door! Not likely though! I'll get more pictures tomorrow.

6. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Ran across a few I like ok, I like the yellow and black, and darker color window/door post on a 4 door help to subdue them for a cleaner look I think (figured that trick out on a 55 chevy belair 4 door I had.)
    [​IMG]
    I would be curious to see what this 4 door would look like if the post and window surround were also black???
    [​IMG]
    This one has a classic custom look.
    [​IMG]
    and just ran across this one as well.
    [​IMG]

7. I like the black and yellow as well but I think it'll stay red and white just the opposite scheme it is now

8. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Looks like someone painted the post on this one a charcoal or black to subdue them, I like it.
    [​IMG]

9. That one looks good! Along the lines of what I want, the wheels look perfect, it's hard to mess with the car itself, I think one of the best looking cars built!