Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chrysler newyorker custom build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattoos by brandon, Sep 15, 2011.

1. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

It's a great compressor and we'll worth the money and it's not 2 much louder than my old one but I also do not have it bolted to the ground yet witch will help a lot ... it keeps up to everything I do and when I work on the car I go at it for a good while and non stop

Sent from my SM-N900V using H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

My friends David and will came over and helped me bust out the rest of the sanding and we got it in some 2k primer and I'm stopping with the body for now and going to get the engine bay finished ....today I an painting my frame and will let that dry and harden .. I got paint for the body also its a dark crimson redish brown with alot of metalic and is a chrysler color from the 90s. .. I will do doing it a satin and the engine bay u will use it as my base and will put the red metal flake over that

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

chriseakin likes this.
  3. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Check check is this thing working now lol

4. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

OK well I got a good amount done
    So where do we start lol first I got my power steering pump so that was awesome it was about 70 bucks after shipping

Attached Files:

chriseakin likes this.
  5. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

OK so now the fire wall we finished blocking it and scuffed it all up a d all that fun stuff ...
    Shot some black base down
    then started with flake in the clear. .. my dad had some spot panel clear with fast hardener so that's what we used with the flake ... I just put a bunch of flake in and some.marbles and went to town lol about 3 or 4 coats and then moved on 2 just clear ... ended up with about 3 coats of just the clear and I'm wet sanding it with 600 now and will put 3 more on today or Maybe just 2 ... my goal is to not have to buff anything because of where it's at but we will see ... and tomorrow I will start assembly of the suspension and Sunday the motor goes in !!!!

Attached Files:

chriseakin likes this.
  6. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Attached Files:

chriseakin and kidcampbell71 like this.
  7. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Now I went to the swap meet and got paint but they mixed it wrong so I gotta see what I can do about that ... I wanted a deal cherry red and picked out a code and got it home and it was purple but I'm changing the color.now .... that was going to be for the body ... what I want is to keep the red but I don't want the flat black but I wanted a flat color with alot of metalic here is what I was looking at now ...either a gold ish copper or root beer but my friend sent me a pic of the model car and I love just the gold and red .... so I think that's what I'm going for

Attached Files:

8. George

George

I found a use for purple.....

9. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Lol I'm just bumbed I spend 300 some dollars on paint and it was spouse to be the dark rosewood redish color and now I'm stuck with 2 gallons of paint

10. George

George

That does tend to suck, but if they mis-mixed it they should make it right.

11. mikeyyeah

mikeyyeah

That red n gold combo looks sweet.

posted from under my rock.

12. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Got the front suspension together for the most part ... Some how the nuts for the bolts to the steering box are gone lol so I will be getting them today and I gotta get my references pics out to see how the box was shimmed and I need to shorten the inner tie rods to get proper alinement with the new spindles. .. other than that all is going well and ill.be painting the rest of the parts tonight or tomorrow so they can be on by Sunday

Attached Files:

13. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Update the engine is in and bolted up ...still gotta get the tranny in and I'm working on getting the inner tie rods to the right size and then I'll need to cut the sleeve back and got a couple small issues but should be able to sort them out ... I just gotta go return some more stuff to summit because again they gave me the wrong stuff and I'm waiting for some parts for the brakes like hoses and what not ...the back pedal assembly should be back this weekend and I'll have that in and start running lines. .. I gotta work on my 52 because a bag blew up while kira was driving it so that screws me with time ... just one pic for now I'll update it in a day or so with more pics

Attached Files:

14. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

OK well I got some stuff done ... transmission is painted and same with the flex plate I remover the old ring and tack welded it I n place ... still need to work on the positioning of the steering box but got the correct brake lines and I'm waiting on the booster ...should be getting it Sunday ....started messing around with the wiring and plan to start this thing next weekend ...this weekend I plan to have the drive train bolted up and start the positioning of the batter in the trunk and running all the wires ... ran into a snag yesterday day ... got my 52 back and a rear bag blew out ...got a new set off of a friend got them in then the alternator died on me ... and found a broken fitting on the compressor for the air ride ... got that all fixed and ordered a new altinator and I'm waiting on it to get here ... this sat I took a day off to go to the slick devils car show so I better get it back on the road or I'm gonna be pissed I need to enjoy one of the cars lol ... I gotta get spacers made because the sleeve bags (witch suck) had more lift and we did the air ride with the intention of dropping the body or cutting the frame to lay it flat on the ground in a year but for now it is drivable just low and slow haha

15. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Some pics from.the 52

Attached Files:

chriseakin likes this.
  16. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Idk why it's flipping the pics all crazy but this is what I got going on so far ...and I gotta figure out the throttle linkage ...can't seem to get it to mount right

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Got the brake assembly back from my friend Matt and he did an awesome job and I got it mounted last night and got the flex plate on also just gotta tighten a couple bolts ... hoping to have the tranny in today just gotta get the fluid for the flex plate and a couple other little things like brake line

Attached Files:

18. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

I hope this starter will work I thought it was spouse to bolt up flat on the outer. ..flange or flat piece where the bolt holes are but if I try to do that the bolt holes don't line up so we. It's seeing against the middle flange or flat part or w.e the bolt holes line up but Idk if it engage properly

Attached Files:

19. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Got the transmission in and cross member just gotta get the drive shaft in and see what I'm gonna do about the starter ... the dogs wanted to go for a ride so I think it's time to kick it into gear to have hit running ...the super nationals are next month

Attached Files:

20. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Got the car moved to one side of the garage so I can get the 52 in and I only have to work on the passenger side to get it in primer. .. started working on the wiring a friend of mine has been helping me figure it all out ... I am using a Ford voltage regulator and a 80 s ecu for my electronic distributor and moving the battery to the trunk ...Also running a new mopar alternator

Attached Files:

21. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

I wish you could select multiple pics for upload instead of one at a time

Attached Files:

22. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Made a alternator bracket out of some stuff laying around it should do for now and all the brake lines are plumbed just need to bench bleed or w.e the master cylinder ...that I do not know how to do and my dad hopefully will actually be helping ...air rides all wired up and plumbed also just gotta fix one line that got pinched

Attached Files:

23. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

I gotta mess with the camber the adjustments are still loos because Idk how to set them but I'm gonna see what I can do to get it a little closer and I started wrapping what I could for now and I'll be just making do with some stuff for now so I can get it ready and driving for the Super nationals this month!!!! Then I'll be jumping back to the body work to get it all in primer at lest for the wedding in august ......still got alot to do so it will be alot of late nights and dealing with the little problems that I have seen today ... it's nice at least seeing it move and be on the ground for a change ... I ordered new headers found block hugger headers online so hopefully this will work

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  24. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

So I got the motor started and broke in but the next day it would not start ... Idk if it's my ecu or coil or distributor but Idk how to test them ... the motor turns but nothing and coil got hot ...

25. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

It's over at a friends shop hopefully we can get it going ... been looking and can't find much for an original wire diagram ... I kind of wish I would have stayed with points the ecu crap is a pain it's hard finding some one good with mopar wiring around here especially switch to electronic and alternator

Attached Files:

26. George

George

27. 73RR

73RR

Mopar wiring is not all that mysterious.
    [​IMG]

28. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

I was told you don't need a balist resitor since I have a Haigh voltage coil ...?

29. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

And I've been on the forward look but it's hard to get it to work 9 my phone and I don't have a computer at hand

30. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Well I have tried everything 3 different coils distributors ecu wiring ... the only thing left is the ignition ... hope this works ... with a spark tester I get nothing till right before I turn the key to off ...and found out summit sold me the wrong stuff from the start so I found a kit with everything in it even though I change everything I did it again ... hopefully I can get this figured out... the thing that sucks is that it's at a fiends busy shop and they had to put it out side and it got some rain. Do all my bare metal is rusting and quickly and I'm pissed cuz just about everything in my engine bay is starting to rust ... intake and what not ... I'm trying to get it home asap and back in my garage