Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. fitzee

fitzee

Just came across this thread and i must say very nice work. Like all the little details.

2. ford5t1

ford5t1
    from usa

sweeeet wagon, seeing this build i wished i didn't sold my '59 brookwood......damn

keep us posted on the good work..
    see ya

3. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks guys I'm glad u guys like the build so far.

4. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Ok so heres what i got done today.
    Here i am starting to make the fan shroud
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    had to space both the fan and top outlet out
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Of corse its not finished but u guys get the idea, also im running out of room real quick in the engine comp ,well in the front and the driver side (gota love thoes 6's)

5. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

6. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

7. 59bones

59bones
    from Illinois

Hey Woody -

Just found this thread and and and and....am speechless. I had no idea you were in this deep.

I'm not worthy.

Don't know if you need any but I have some rear glass for that that that...piece o art.

8. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Lol, yah it went a little overboard , it was orgianlly just spost to be throw it together and driven , But I'm glad the way it's turning out and there's no turning back now , the only thing I regret is it's taking so long to finish .

9. elvi411

elvi411

Looks super good!

10. DougHH

DougHH

Best 59 wagon yet.
    badass

11. mt94ss

mt94ss

Wow! Great build. Keep the progress shots coming. I bet we all wished that we could metal work as well as you!

I was going to do the cyber green / dark green thing on my '55 but changed direction. I did find a complimentary dark green to go with the cyber green - which is hard to do, cyber green 'kinda shifts depending on light - it's VW's bright green. I know, it sounds like a light color, but it's pretty dark. My car is a gasser, so I was going to add flake to it, too. Just be careful adding flake as it lightens up the color, alot! The PPG color numbers are DBC48745H for the cyber green and DBC48931SC for the bright green. Check them out and see what you think.

I have subscribed to your thread and can't wait to see a video of the 292 running!

Later,

Mike

12. 71buickfreak

71buickfreak
    from Oklahoma

Your metal work is incredible, I am impressed. What did you do for suspension? I am looking at dropping my '63 Buick wagon, but I am not sure how I am going to do it yet. The wife wants 'bags, I have not decided yet.

13. Racrdad

Racrdad

You do incredible work. Very impressive!

14. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks again for the kind words guys.
    71buickfreak<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_6063333", true); </SCRIPT> the suspension on the wagon , well i went with two inch drop spindles and bags .
    Mt94ss
    with the colors ive actually bought my paint last week ,i went with the cyber green , i also spent many of hours looking for colors to go along with it, and i decided to dark green flake the roof , ill post the sprayout as soon as possible , but thanks again for the info .
    <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_6060945", true); </SCRIPT>

15. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Ok so I just got the new jalopy journal app for my I phone ,so I'm trying this thing out . Here is the spray out of the colors , the start of my custom break setup ( which if u guys look clostly the master cyclinder is in the middle of the firewall , and last but not least the start of the stainless door poppers which I made from two bolts [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. The Gambler

The Gambler

THIS build thread is amazing..YOU HAVE TALENT!

17. I noticed the M/C, but didn't put it together what it was.. This whole thread is that way. Always the unexpected! Thanks for the pictures! Very cool!

18. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

hi Woodpecker, i like the color combo.
    What are you planning on for the paint scheme?
    Something like the original two tone or a full custom?

19. thats gonna be a amazing car.

20. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

It already IS an amazing car!! ;-)

21. hemifarris

hemifarris

Excellent!!!!!!!!

22. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Amazing again, I thought you were old, you're young, really young.

23. 49Dodgeboy

49Dodgeboy

Been off the site for awhile, just went thru all 17 pages of this build, UNBELIEVABLE!!! is there anything you can't do??? got me re-inthused great work

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  24. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

1959Nomad
    On the color combo i know the roof and top of the fins are going flake an the body is going the cyber green , i might fade the cyber with the candy green towards the bottom or panal panit the cyber green or just stock two tone but well see im not 100 % shure yet ive been throwing around ides .ide realy like for some one to photoshop it .

And to everyone else thanks again for all the compliments , i guess with being young and trying to build a car on a buget and not having a whole lot when i started out i tried to learned everything i possibly could so that i could become a well rounded craftsman in this field ,i fugared why not learn as much as i possibly could and that way it would benefit the build and my future career , but here lately in the last two years ive been very for fortunate to have the wagon down at the shop where i work at , which has its pros and cons( which the shop is an hour away ) , but it has been turning out pretty well , i hope to have it done this year but we'll see .
    thanks again

25. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

kool as all hell

26. burnout2614

burnout2614

W O W! Most impressive young main!! peace

27. sololobo

sololobo

Whoa brother, it is going to be a "mean green scene". I continure to be in awe of your ideas, the front valance, the shortened bumper ends, the door push buttons, the manifold, gotta stop here, to many cool items to list. This ride is one of the new era custom icons. I love the 292 stock valve cover and had powdercoated it and pinstriped the cool edges in my mind, then you come up with that McGurk monster, yikes dude you are one of my new heros. Thanx for sharing this epic build here on "THE" board. Just another drooling fan. I have a 59 wagon also but it is a fFord. ~sololobo~

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  28. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

inspiring-keep the pics coming. All of them have great ideas in them and show your talent and eye for details. subscribed and thank you.

29. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Very awesome!!! I will be looking for it at the Jalopy Showdown this year.

30. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Looking great as always......