Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

[​IMG]

finished up the other hood slider

t[​IMG]

lately ive been spending a lot of time sanding parts ,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I redid the speedo
    <TABLE cellPadding=6 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD align=center>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I got the speedo housing back from a good friend of mine Travis (tuki)Hess , he's an amazing painter and striper and I had him just run a single mint green stripe to break the two colors up , , that's all it needed
    <TABLE cellPadding=6 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD align=center>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

[​IMG]
    I wrote this on the back of the speed so a hundred years from now when hopefully someone is redoing my car will put as much passion in it as I did

2. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

this is such a top notch build!

3. belair

belair

Stunning craftsmanship and pride. I love this build.

4. Rattaxi48

Rattaxi48
    from ohio

about time cody mom and dad were really impressed cause the pics dont do it justice

5. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

sick work dude !!! keep it up man

6. oldman2

oldman2

Cody, nice touch with the speedo, that hood is so beautiful now, with paint it will be unbelievable. You know I have to bug you about the update, it's all in good fun, but believe me I know what it's like with everyday life matters getting in the way, stay cool...Jim

7. redzula

redzula

I love the message to future owners. A few time doing work on our house I have found old news papers it really makes it special when you find those things. I honestly forgot how good that hood looked. Can't wait to see it all in one piece.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

the car is looking great and the little touches, including the message on the back of the speedo, are really cool. you are in the home stretch.

9. White05GT

White05GT
    from NC

Most definitely!

10. one2roc

one2roc

Man I just can't get enough of this build! I've gone back to the beginning a couple times just to get a fix between updates. This is going to be one nice car!!!!

11. one2roc

one2roc

[​IMG]

Cody, watch the corners of the hood.... I had a 62 hood stored like that even on bunched up rags and it distorted the corners a bit. It really showed up with the black paint. Couldn't let it go and fixed it. Maybe a fluke, never know. Now I store my project hood on its edge on a drywall cart.

12. Uh oh.. Mines been stored like that for a while. Shit!!!

13. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thanks

thank you
    im glad to here it , your mom looked wiped lol maybe it was from the all the running around and the seafood dinner we had the night before:D , im really glad they swung by nate , wish you could have made the trip out with them ,
    thanks thanks

lol yah I know your gibving me a hard time , it keeps thing interesting lol

its something I wish I could always find , I cant wait to see it all one piece too

thanks , yes I can finally start to see it now
    lol you've got it bad ,:D

I know what you mean , when I redid the skin an inner structure I added more support on the edges , the hood has been sitting like this for over a year now with no problem , but thanks for looking out

14. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

well for some reason I cant upload pictures to here , sorry guys its out of my hands tonight, but I did get my steering wheel back from Dennis Crook , (Quality Restoration Inc ) he did an amazing job re-casting my 64 Pontiac grand prix steering wheel . I still have to paint the one portion of it to match the column , but I think it looks pretty awesome on there , I still have some issues with the horn ring but as soon as I can upload picture I can explain it better . and I spent the day sanding the underside of the hood again and getting other parts ready for paint

15. slammed

slammed

You will be gone soon^^^^^^

16. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

I fugared out the picture problem , I didn't know that there was a picture cap that they put on the albums , if you upload too many photos , ill delete somemore pics tonight and post recent picture after I get off work

17. ChefMike

ChefMike

well its turning out great and your metal skills are excellent!

18. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

My hood was stored for who knows how long when I bought it, it was NOS and it definitely suffered some warping which took many hours to fix.

19. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

[​IMG]

does anyone out there have a diagram of a 64 Pontiac grand prix steering wheel horn ring assembly , and what all goes into making the horn ring function correctly???
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I still need to paint the green part of the wheel to match the column but I was blown away by the craftsmanship that went into this wheel , Dennis Crook from Quality Restoration Inc. is the one who recasted my wheel

20. The steering wheel is beautiful..it is just one more piece of the puzzle that has found it's place. HRP

21. oldman2

oldman2

Steering wheel looks great. Hope you get someone to post about the horn ring...Jim

22. Looking great as always Cody!

I have a '64 Pontiac, so I have all the shop manuals. I will dig them out and go through them and find what you need....might take me a few days tho.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. greybeard360

greybeard360

24. Cody, what exactly are you needing to know about setting up the horn ring? The shop manual only has this one little picture of the contact ring on the column. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1376156197.268573.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

25. Undoubtedly this is one of the coolest wagons on the planet! HRP

26. thebugbox

thebugbox

Is it sad that I show up every Monday and when there are no updates I'm bummed? Can't wait to see more. You help keep me motivated.

27. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

^^^^^^ what he said!!!!....

28. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

This is an amazing build. It just stops me in my tracks. There isn't much more to say other than your custom bolts just blow my mind.

29. Jagman

Jagman

I've known Dennis for about 20+ years, he loaned me the use of a rotisserie when I did the rustoration on my old Jag - he was into E-Types then and just starting to do steering wheel resto's, I'm glad to see it's worked out for him so well, and he did a magnificent job on yours....his craftsmanship was always first rate.