Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 59 - 64 Olds steering column shift lever

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mark in Japan, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Hi All,

I'm starting the final run in my long-waiting 52 PU.

In AUSTRALIA....building RHD....

So....it turns out the easiest way to a cool dash in my 52 was to cut'n'shut a 59 F100 RHD dash to fit, stuff it with Mopar reproduction switches on a Mopar repro light switch and 76 Ford ltd wiper switch with dual intermittent speeds to run the Mini cable-driven wiper setup, then mount my 59 Pontiac gauge cluster under the 'hood' for the gauges, with my 74 Holden collapsible steering column (think Chevy) tucked up tight underneath.

As a result of all of these magnificent ideas....it turns out that the only way to retain full coolness and knuckle room to change gears in rests on me needing to aquire the gourgeous and nicely angled 59+ Olds column shift lever, and thus a matching indicator stalk too, to modify to work in my Holden column!

Can anyone in the HAMB family point me to someone who will sell me these items and ship to Australia for me???

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.....

2. Can't help besides saying that may be tough parts to find, and get you a bump to see if someone sees the posting. Not many 59-64 Olds in the junkyards these days.

Could you just bend or modify the Holden shift arm? maybe I am missing something, as this seems the easy solution.

3. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Thanks for the reply!

I could butcher up the Holden arm, but the cost of local chrome would probably be more than just buying the real thing....even at the shyte Aussie $ rate at the moment....and I still wouldn't have that beautiful slender handle....let alone a matching indicator stalk too!! :)

4. carguy699

carguy699

try big m automotive in Williams ca (a hamb member) he might be able to fix you up
    jim

5. Have you tried Owens Salvage? HAMB Alliance vendor.