Register now to get rid of these ads!

'59-'60 Chev Ignition Switch Connector, and 4dr Door Panels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ♠Stovebolt♠, Feb 7, 2004.

1. <font color="purple"> Hello There! I was wondering if anyone may know where I could get a ignition switch connector for my '59 Chev Wagon. It has decided to melt, so now it only starts when I don't have to work, or I'm not in a busy intersection. Real fun! Anyway, I will even take the whole switch assembly. I've found that you can't have to many of those around! The door panel thing, well, were there is a car, there may be some dr panels around. But they aren't nearly important! Thanks for your time to read this, and any help with this would be helpful, and appreciated! [​IMG] </font>

2. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

so what part of the ignition swith do you need? i have an NOS ignition switch with keys with the original box that i planned on keeping for my 64 impala, but that'll be years off. if that switch of mine will work, let me know. i don't have much in it, so i'll cut you a real fair deal, or maybe we can work up a trade. to tell the truth, if the snow hadn't cancelled most of my substitute teaching jobs and therefore my pay, i'd flat out give it to you. just let me know, man.

3. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

sounds like he need the plastic piece that the ingition switch plugs into...You could wire it up without the end, if you have a diagram to show you where everything is supposed to go. Or you could put in a universal switch. That's what I put in my 60 poncho when i rewired it. I'd definately figure out what made it melt before i replaced it though.

4. <font color="purple"> I think the reason that my connector melted was because the old switch was buggered. So now that I have a new one, the old connector has taken so much abuse that it is on its finally breath. </font>

5. Jimmy, I'm parting out a 60 Olds 4 door hardtop. If my door panels will work for you, you can have them cheap, as mine are not perfect, but they would work if you have nothing. Or as a base for recovering.