Register now to get rid of these ads!

58 oldsmobile brakes???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rickyracer1962, Apr 2, 2004.

1. my girlfriend inherited her dad's 58 oldsmobile super 88. anyone know anything about the damn brake boosters on these cars? are they worth rebuilding or should i just convert it to something a little more modern? is there a way to put disk brakes on the front of these cars? websites? i havent found much info on them. thanks for any info.

2. Go to C H Topping (The Best In Stopping) in Long Beach. 562-432-0902 or, chtopping.com Talk to Vince Sr. if you can. They know a lot and they like to help. They even have a pretty simple dual master cyl conversion.

No, I don't work for them, but they've been the salvation of some vexing problems for me and I sure can recommend them highly.

CP

3. cool i'll give them a call thanks.

4. tinyelvis

tinyelvis

Ricky - The car I gave Kustombuilder's brother, which is a '58 Olds, super 88, my friend and I were doing a disc brake conversion. We used a mustang II dual master, Jeep Grand Cherokee rotors cut down about 1 inch to fit the calipers, which were off of a generic 80's chevy of some sort. Anyway, good luck w/it I loved that car but it was too heavy for me at the time.. too much work.. so I gave it away.

You'll probably have to fab up a caliper bracket, but if you PM kustombuilder hopefully his bro still has the bracket we made, it was rough around the edges (not cleaned up yet) but totally copyable..

Good luck man

TinyE