Register now to get rid of these ads!

58 olds parts car with tree growing though it

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kurts49plym, Mar 28, 2009.

1. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

I do not know this person, but though the hamb guys would think this is a pretty cool picture! Kurt

1958 Oldsmobile Star Fire - $800 (St Joseph,Mo)

<HR>Reply to: sale-dyf7n-1082563937@craigslist.org <SUP>[Errors when replying to ads?]</SUP>
    Date: 2009-03-19, 3:37PM CDT

1958 Olds lots of good parts power windows power brakes missing engine and trans I found the hood for the car car has lots of good chrome any questions 816-387-3008 Steve take whole car or just the parts you want car has a good grill <TABLE summary="craigslist hosted images"><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. That car is identical to the one that my first grade teacher, Mrs. Nan Williams, drove, same color and everything, except that hers was up on wheels, had an engine, and didn't have a tree growing through it.

3. tbill

tbill
    from central ny

wonder if the tree is part of the deal, or extra?

4. You would need a crane to cut tree down to get that Olds. outta there.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. ...what other cars are there?...are they for sale?

6. silvertonguedevil

silvertonguedevil

That car ain't goin' nowhere. I was going to say that you could just remove the front clip but then I remembered that you'd have the frame with crossmember to deal with and that other tree right behind it. Might just have to get what ya want and let the rest of it be a tree stand.

7. chaddilac

chaddilac

Nah just a torch!!:D:D

8. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

I really wish the camera would pan upwards and show the engine and trans in the top of the tree.

9. Well, you could pull the nose, slice into the frame and clip it, right there......

Just back er up a few feet before you finish welding...:rolleyes:

Hell of a parts car.

Howard

10. NOT_SO_FAST

NOT_SO_FAST
    from IL

I wonder if he "found" the hood at the top of the tree

11. Gives the term Woody a whole new meaning.

12. phukinartie

phukinartie

Naaaah you can cut the tree down w/o hurting the car if you know how to do it!!

13. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

That is not a tree, its an redneck hood decoration!!!

14. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Hey was that Olds originally equipped with a "3 on the tree" transmission?

15. Three-IN-the-tree, maybe!

16. You've heard of "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" This is a tree grows in Bel Air ( okay I think' it's a Biscayne!)

Attached Files:

17. lostn51

lostn51

I bought a car with a similar thing growing in the engine bay just about the same size. It is not that hard to get the car out of the situation if you take your time and dismantle the tree (bring a few friends for that so you wont drop a limb on the car) jack the front end up and drag it over the stump. We had the front cap off of the car so it was easy to get a chainsaw in there and cut the trunk just above the frame rails.

The only thing about this car is how much of the rear bumper has grown into the tree and could you pull it out if it has taken it in. But it is doable.....