Register now to get rid of these ads!

58 lincoln ignition switch ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by niceguyede, May 9, 2009.

1. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

I just got a 58 lincoln mark III for a steal. The first problem is someone took out the ignition switch and left 7-8 wires hanging. At least they didn't cut them. Does anyone know where I can find wiring diagrams for this car? I have done searches and checked several sites, but nothing. Or better yet, does someone have one of these that can tell me what wires go to which poles on the switch? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

2. fridaynitedrags

fridaynitedrags

3. 58Lincoln

58Lincoln
    from Chico, CA

Hi,

I just looked in my Official 1958 Lincoln maintenance manual and there are 4 different wiring schematics for the different circuits that have wires running to the ignition switch.

Way too many things going on to try to explain. I think you NEED to get one of these manuals. I restored one of these cars and THANK GOD the wiring and vacuum systems were OK, because there is a lot going on there. Try to be gentle with that old wiring.

A good resource for parts and info is Chris Dunn who owns Lincoln Land in Clearwater Florida. He is a good guy and fair businessman and will point you in the right direction. I bet he has an ignition switch for your car and don't forget to get the bezel and spring that go with it.

Good Luck.

Oh yeah, just about EVERY fastener on that car is fine thread.

4. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

Thanks, thats going to save me a lot of grief!!