Register now to get rid of these ads!

58 Chrysler transmission

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bestofshow, Mar 2, 2014.

1. bestofshow

bestofshow

I have a 58 Chrysler 2 speed trans off a 392 hemi. Any ideas of the value? I've seen remanufactured for as much as $2200.00. This trans is stock with the parking brake attached with the cable. I'm running a 4 speed and would like to sell this. Just don't know what to ask. Thanks in advance for any info.

2. George

George

not much value or demand unless a restorer needs one. try advertising it at www.forwardlook.net A lot of restorers there.

3. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

It's not a 2 speed if it came from where you say it came. They are worth little in 'unrebuilt' form ..... typically $150. If you have one that is rebuilt by a known professional with a list of receipt showing which hard parts were used, you might get $600+.

Lots of people in today's world of greed advertise them at $2200 but that doesn't mean they are selling at that price. Even if they do, sometimes, who wants to be greedy....?

4. 73RR

73RR

Maybe today is different but, last year I tossed a very good reman unit in the scrap truck. I offered it free but the freight was the killer.

I am now sitting on another very good PowerFlite...space is limited for this stuff, what to do...

5. manyolcars

manyolcars

The automatic that came from the factory with my 1958 392 is a 3 speed and I have two

6. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Asking aint getting.
    I have tossed them in the past after getting lower than scrap offers.

7. Tdesoto276

Tdesoto276
    from Des Moines

I gave mine away for the cost of shipping.