Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 58 Chevy fleetside rear bumper question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by metalman, Apr 19, 2016.

1. metalman

metalman

Hey guys, I'm running the exhaust on a buddy's 58 Fleetside truck. He wants the exhaust to run out under the rear bumper but he doesn't have the bumper yet. Anyone have one with a stock bumper and can tell me how far below the frame the bottom edge of the bumper sits? I don't want it too high to hit but not stupid low either and I want to finish it without waiting for a bumper. Thanks

2. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Is it this kind of bumper?

[​IMG]

My '59 has a vintage Barden step bumper, which is different. Judging from the photo, they appear to hang down about the same.

3. squirrel

squirrel

[​IMG]

To of the pipe five inches below the frame will put you real close, maybe one half inch clearance.

4. metalman

metalman

Thanks Jim, thats what I'm looking for.Wow, glad I asked, it hangs much lower then I expected. Hopefully someone will chime in with a stock bumper and verify it hangs that low.

5. squirrel

squirrel

mine is a stock bumper. Original bumper and brackets, not repops.

6. metalman

metalman

Sorry Jim, didn't catch that it was someone else with the Barden bumper, thought you had posted twice. Great, now I can carry on, thanks again for your help.