Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 58 Chevy apache bench seat question.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 49ChevTruck, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Hey Guys

I've just recently bought a 58 Chevy Apache truck and it has 2 single seats in it. I want to get a bench, does anyone know of someone with a 55-59 Chevy bench seat, or anyone know of another year truck that has a bench seat that would fit?

Thanks

2. squirrel

squirrel

I have a bench seat in mine, yeah, that's what you want, 55-59. Some folks have figured out how to mount 88-98 seats in them, but it's not quite the same.

3. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

The only thing I have to offer is the pass seat for a Surban.

4. third seat from Astro Van GMC Safari Vans work great...
    55 chev pu 122.jpg

5. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I know that a 88-91 Chevy truck seat fits and sits well in a 55-59 cab

6. Where am I likely to get an 88-91 Chevy truck seat from? or even an original 55-59 Truck seat?

7. squirrel

squirrel

In France? probably nowhere.

And shipping one from the US would be a bit expensive.

I didn't notice your location, earlier.

8. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

I have an early 70's Chevy Caprice one in my '57. Works pretty good. Split back and has a fold down center arm rest.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. squirrel

squirrel

one thing you have to watch out for, when looking for a seat for these trucks, is the thickness of the back rest. Most seats seem to be a bit too thick, and you will feel scrunched up too far forward (assuming you're kind of tall). The original, and the late 80s truck seats, are relatively thin. You can use just about any bench seat you can find, just build something to support it and bolt it to the floor, but you should make sure there is room for it first. I learned this the hard way a long time ago, put a 1972 Cadillac seat in mine, I was never comfortable in it. until I found an original truck seat to replace it.

10. ...here's an Astro Van third seat in a 48 Aerosedan, tan seat in a 48 GMC,..thin back that folds forward flat onto seat cushion, nice for storing stuff behind it in a pickup, most are like new as not heavily used, but mite be hard to find over there.
    48 Aerosedan sub\'d 027.jpg GMC firetruck project 9-7-06 085.jpg