Register now to get rid of these ads!

58 Caddy hubcaps, won't fit other wheels?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Bad Dad, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Big Bad Dad

Big Bad Dad

I have a set of wheel covers from a 58 Caddy, and planned to install them on something else w/ 15" wheels. However, they will not clip into the wheel like a "normal" wheel cover. It looks like they need to clip on the the lip around the perimeter of the wheel, but that lip would have to be much wider than what I am used to seeing. Anybody got a pic of a stock 58 Cadillac wheel?
    Thanks

2. CadMad

CadMad

58 59 and 60 cad share the same rim.

3. NMCarNut

NMCarNut
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cadillac had rather unique wheels for the latter half of the fifties into the sixties, with a lip to accommodate outer perimeter clips and a "reversed" center to allow for a deeply recessed cover. Reasons why getting Cadillac wheel covers to fit other wheels can be a hit or miss proposition.

Attached Files:

4. Big Bad Dad

Big Bad Dad

OK, Thanks a bunch. This answers my question. I guess I will need to find something else.

5. junkjunky

junkjunky

I have seen beauty rings attached to the hub cap , but you will still need a deep rim .

6. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Might be worth it to find Cadillac wheels and have the centers swapped out for something that works on your car. Those hubcaps are pretty special.

7. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I heard of people somehow mounting them to the old 15" beauty rings and then install the beauty ring with cap to the rim but not sure how it works...

8. Big Bad Dad

Big Bad Dad

Thanks guys, I was actually trying to put them on my car trailer, so no big deal. I scrapped and parted the Caddy in the early 80's and just recently came across the caps hanging in my Dad's shed.:eek:

9. You need 57 Caddy caps as they don't clip to the outer lip but clip in normally.