Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 58 Buick trunk tailpan is it possible to use 57 chevy repair panels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudsonmand, Mar 16, 2018.

1. I have a 58 Buick it needs panel repair where rear trunk body mounts are, was wondering what odds are readily available aftermarket 57 chevy trunk panels could be adapted to repair area ,style of trunk looks similar

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. gggholson

gggholson

Really doubt it. Buick Special and Century bodies shared some components with Oldsmobile. Super and Roadmaster bodies hand some commonality with Cadillac. Not sure but think than Chevy and Pontiac are closer. Buick replacement sheet metal other than floor pans usually comes from junk yard or fabricated. Great cars but not easy to find parts for. I can speak from experience!

3. Show a pic of the rusted area.

4. Call Joe at Real Deal Steel 407 585 1957 Tell him Uncle Tim sent ya.

5. squirrel

squirrel

I really think it won't work, but you can use some raw steel to make your own patch panels.

I had a 55 pontiac parts car when I was building my 55 chevy, the floor was completely different. But the doors and windows were the same.

6. thanks for the information ,I will post how I make out

7. I will get some pictures

chevy57dude likes this.
  8. [​IMG]
    Just for reference, this is a picture of a tri 5 Chevy trunk pan.

squirrel likes this.
  9. they are different but rear back part where body mounts are looks close, any one able to get measurement center to center of these body mounts