Register now to get rid of these ads!

57 roof on a 55

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cwright, Jun 23, 2012.

1. cwright

cwright
    from greece NY

I am putting a roof on my 55 chevy 2 door post car, and i bought a 57 sedan roof. I know the windshields for a 55 and a 57 are different. My question for you guys is will the 57 roof fit on my 55. i want to be sure before i start to cut the car up thanks

2. CW: I think you will find that all windshields are the same 55-57 for post bodies and the windshields for 55-57 hardtop and convertibles are the same (if my memory serves me correctly) You will probably get more replies to this effect. Also, I was told not long ago by a guy that builds these for a living that ALL roof skins are the same. A couple of quick measurements will verify this. Just make sure you don't accidentally "chop" the top im the process! Good luck, Tim

3. I'm pretty sure the difference is in the height of the windshield openings and not the shape of them and the difference is something like 2 inches but don't quote me on that. Get out your tape measure so you don't end up chopping it like timwhit said.

4. squirrel

squirrel

5. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

thought you were talking fords and I got excited.....

6. cwright

cwright
    from greece NY

thanks everyone