Register now to get rid of these ads!

57 Ranchero Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny C., Feb 2, 2011.

1. DREW148BHP

DREW148BHP

It looks great so far and I like the trim and the Merc bumper.

2. 40StudeDude - can you post a thread on how you did that? I too have a Ranchero I've debated on shaving the door handles off of, and I like your solution.

Johnny C - I'm definitely following this thread. Work looks great so far!!!

3. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

The dagmars are removable but I think I will leave them for character. Since these pictures I moved the front bumper 3 inches back to get it tucked into the front end more. Gives it alot better look.

Thanks I appreciate it. I am going to extent the trim to better fit the side of the Ranchero. It needs to be about 6 inches longer to fill up the side of the car and give it the right look.

4. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

That trim looks killer and I like the aesthetic of the bumper, but to my eye it looks a little too large/heavy for the front of the car. I'd section it and scale it down a bit if it were mine. Great work, keep it up!

5. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

I does appear a little heavy for the car. After I pulled it in more it helps alot. I will try to get some pictures of it with the bumper tucked in more posted tonight. Let me know if you think it still looks like to much for the car. I always like hearing others opinions.

6. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Let me see if I can put together a tech thread on it...mite take a day or two...so watch for it.

R-

7. Dragon Wagons

Dragon Wagons
    from SLC, Utah

I know that you fixed the rear wheel rust issues, but with that Buick side trim this thing just SCREAMS for a full radius on the rear fenders. It would flow SO much better and also make the car look more like it had been sectioned. Please seriously consider radius-ing the rear wheels if you use the Buick trim.

If not I'd use a different side trim.

8. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

I've been buried in more than one of these things. I like the idea of radiused rear
    fender opening with that trim. Mine were done once, but redid them last time around.
    Nice to save one:)

9. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Looks good from here!

10. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Alright got a little more done. Here are some shots with the bumper pulled in where it needs to be, 57 Ranchero side trim, and the rear bumper mocked up. Let me know what you think of the Ranchero side trim vs the Buick side trim.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. DREW148BHP

DREW148BHP

I think I like this trim better.

12. The Ranchero mldgs look good. The Buicks are cool, too. Hard to say, really! Both would work well! Does that help? Hahaha

13. dvs

dvs

I like the Ranchero trim.

14. Looks good! I like the trim and the Merc front.

15. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Newbie opinion - use the grill, top section and dagmars of the merc bumper, lose the bottom half and have a rolled pan under, just to take a bit of weight out.

16. Yes,,the Merc. front is what's making this to be a very interesting build.:cool:

17. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

That is about where I am too. Each way is cool and unique but I really don't know. Your El Camino build has been a real inspiration with my Ranchero. Always like seeing what you have done with your project. You do alot better job of taking progress photos than I do.

Thanks. I really like the Merc bumper. Makes it stand out. It does look heavy and bulky but I like it.

18. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

The front end's a bit busy for my liking but it's still swell.

19. custom300

custom300

Nice 57, I love that year ford.

20. id leave the 57 trim on it and do somthing else with the front bumper, to me it just doesnt flow

rest of the car looks great

22. Stone

Stone

Great build. I can't wait to see more.

23. Stone

Stone

Any more updates? Additional pictures? This thing is awesome.

24. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Hey thanks. No updates. I have been to busy with other things but I am hoping to get back on the project in the next month or so.

25. sololobo

sololobo

Yo Johnny, I was all confused on your Ranchero, I could see it was 58 side trim. Please don't make the rig all slab sided with no trim, use some 57 as it is the coolest. Just my opinion brother. Hope you and Lacy had great holidays. Lookin good man, doing some nice work on the project. ~sololobo~

26. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Thanks Solo, I really appreciate it. I am going to go with the 57 trim for sure. I have some major panel alignment to do on the front fenders, doors, and rockers but I hope to get it done over the next few months. Hope you had and have a great Holiday season as well. Take care.