Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 57 Pontiac Transmission Interchange

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Falkengeist, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

Yeah, what he said !

2. wvenfield

wvenfield

Found it. I wish it was closer.

3. theold52

theold52

I am always surprised at the thumbs up I get driving my unrestored 1952, 1955, and 1957 9 passenger wagon, Pontiacs. When I retire, I will upgrade paint etc, but I like to get them running real good and drive 'em for now. This morning I drove the '55 and had a guy following me close then tried to come beside me at a stop light, and at the next stop, as I activated the blinker, he got up beside and asked, hey what year is that?. Same thing later in the '52. Had to make the post office by 2pm. As the old straight 8 bombed along at an astounding 62mph, I made it. A quick stop, and an African American gentleman said, "wow, nice car". My '57 wagon gets a lot of attention. " I haven't seen one of those since I was a kid in LA." Again, none of these are restored, just daily drivers with stock hub caps and bone stock motors. I have a lot of fun driving these time warp vehicles. They are all special and have their own "personalities". I like 'em. My way of having fun.

4. dmikulec

dmikulec

They're still out there; my '57 Star Chief hardtop after sitting in a barn for a few decades after being shot with primer. Was only missing an oil breather cap. Very solid car otherwise.

zzz.jpeg