Register now to get rid of these ads!

57 Pontiac parts value???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dogwalkin, Sep 4, 2013.

1. dogwalkin

dogwalkin
    from tn

I am going to place a classified ad over in that section but before I do there is a few questions that I have. Does the power brake booster from a 57 pontiac wagon have any value. I do no know the condition it has been setting a long time. What about the front suspension parts? A arms, brake parts etc.. I am replacing all that stuff with a jag ifs. Thanks in advance

2. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Check with the Pontiac Oakland Club. I am sure all that stuff has value to someone. After all, it's not being made anymore.

http://www.poci.org/

3. Snot Rocket

Snot Rocket

Suspension parts will have value, but don't expect to get rich. They made a lot of those cars. The brake booster is probably the same as a similar year Chevy, Buick or Olds and unlikely to have any real value, since they are pretty generic. Unless it has a stamp of the chief on it, not worth much unless someone is doing a numbers correct restore.

4. dogwalkin

dogwalkin
    from tn

I am not looking to get rich I just hate to throw away something someone may need. I will post a classified ad.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. big M

big M

Booster fits '55-'57 Pontiac only, so it would definitely have value to someone needing one. Rebuilders such as Karp's or Booster Dewey often will purchase these as rebuildable cores.

I get the occasional call on front end parts for these cars also, so there may be a market for you to sell them.

---John

6. rascal55

rascal55

57 Rear end open-carrier $ 2-300
    57 Rear end posi-carrier $600 -$1000
    The 57 ( Olds/ Pont) housing is a direct bolt-in for a tri 5 chevy
    and pretty much bullet proof !!!!
    Shipping is a concern , they are HEAVY !!

7. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

9. badshifter

badshifter

Why would you throw it away? the same effort it takes to ask what it's worth could be used to place an ad. Then you find out if anyone wants it. Pretty simple.