Register now to get rid of these ads!

57 Plymouth Buried in Tulsa

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mel, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Mel

Mel

They're gonna dig it out in 2007. Hope I remember to be watching in a few years.
    Check it out....
    Buried Plymouth

2. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Sweeeeet. Maybe I can get a nice lower valance for my wagon. [​IMG]

3. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

wow that is crazy.. wouldn't be cool to win that!!!!!!

4. tinyelvis

tinyelvis

Been watching that for a few years now.. I'll be there for sure.. it's going to be mayhem..

5. Rand Man

Rand Man

How deep is the water table in Tulsa? Maybe they should have buried it in an above ground mausoleum.

6. Elrod

Elrod

Been watching that one for a while, also! I'll see you there!

7. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

ive been by there a 100 times and never seen a sign or anything.didnt even know about it.damn now i have to go look for it.

8. Blownolds

Blownolds
    from So Cal

They bried it with a jug of gas??? The car might stink really bad...

We could have our own HAMB contest. We could guess it's condition-- the one who's closest gets to win an old tire...

9. Its funny how they say they think "Plymouth is a true representative of automobiles of this century - with the kind of lasting appeal that should still be in style fifty years from now" and now Plymouth is no more

10. Blownolds- ya killin me with that funny shit! [​IMG][ol tire]

11. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I bet they thought the automobile would be long gone and we would be living like the Jetsons by now.

12. They better be careful when they dig it up, that hole could be a bubble of gas fumes. FOOM! the Tulsa sky will rain singed NOS Plymouth parts!

13. Mel

Mel

[ QUOTE ]
    They better be careful when they dig it up, that hole could be a bubble of gas fumes. FOOM! the Tulsa sky will rain singed NOS Plymouth parts!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'll be watching the news from home. [​IMG]

14. It's gonna work out one of two ways. Either that is going to be the most pristine (that rhymes with Christine, ironic?..I think not) 57 plymouth in existence, OR it's going to be a rusted scaley mess. A guy next to my shop actually remembers when they did that. He said there was not a whole lot of great care to insure it was leakproof. It was put in a metal tomb in the ground, that's about it.

Reverend Jake

15. TINGLER

TINGLER

They'll open the tomb and it won't be there.
    I bet some smart ass stole it in 1958. [​IMG]

16. BigDdy31

BigDdy31

"57 Plymouth Buried in Tulsa"

You cats in Tulsa are even buryin' Plymouths now? Damn, it is the gates of hell. [​IMG]

17. 61linc

61linc

my dad told me the other week that he found out the septic tank on his vacation property is (was) an old ford. this house was built in the 40's so I don't know the year. He has to get a new septic tank soon... (imagine that).

18. I can see it now..., Mel standing there with a can of "Goofoff" to remove the Cosmoline and the car disintigrates before everyones eyes as the cosmoline is removed...!!!! [​IMG]

I'll be watching as well..., "God Willing"...! [​IMG]

19. Jetsons is right, think about it, 50 years Prior to 1957 we basically still had carts and horses. Their thought were the precding generations would invent the technology on the same scale....................hmmmmmmmmmmm, I think we failed! [​IMG]

20. shoebox72

shoebox72

[ QUOTE ]
    the car disintigrates before everyones eyes as the cosmoline is removed...!!!! [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing. It'll go from mint to looking like every other 57 plymouth that has been sitting around for 40+ years in about an hour once the oxygen hits it. [​IMG]

Billy

21. JamesG

JamesG

I wonder if Hoffa might have ended up in it?!?!?! [​IMG]

22. Blownolds

Blownolds
    from So Cal

EEEwWWWwww

'61Linc-- HAHAHAHAHA, a septic rank that used to be an old Ferd! HAHAHA

23. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

I hope they filled the cylinders with oil (or maybe the whole motor?)

maybe that 'new' 30 weight castrol R

24. laidoutford

laidoutford

I bet the upholstery will be all sticky and the whitewalls will be flat and yellow. I wonder if they had air ventilation. I didn't read the article yet, maybe i should before posting right now. k, bye. [​IMG]

It would be fun to be there
    I like the neat old sign "Suddenly its 2007"
    Shit, we are the future people in all those old scifi '50s movies. Creepiness
    I feel kinda special, but weird too
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

25. laidoutford

laidoutford

Shit, I want the gum and cigarettes from 1957 outta the glovebox... I can only imagine what the 5 gallon can of gasoline and the oil will smell like in 2007. I wonder if that's safe.

I've heard something about this before. Somebody also buried a new 1950s Corvette back east somewhere too. When they dug it up, the fiberglass was all bubbly and shit. I can't remember the details... kool anyway.

Even if the old Plymouth looked like hell, I would drive it all over with all the neat shit in the glovebox. [​IMG] [​IMG]

26. OK..., here's the deal..., we set up an unofficial HAMB car show the same time they unearth the car...!

Next..., we park all our cars around it confusing the public and we simply drive off with it after the show...! [​IMG] (Anyone bring a tow rope??? [​IMG])

Well maybe we could just show up and do a 210 car salute Burnout...!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

27. oldchevyseller

oldchevyseller
    from mankato mn

not meant to hijack but my favorite buried car story its parry thomas land speed record holder in 1926 and in 27 he crashed and died on the course , they buried the car, and in 69 a guy found it and dug it up, here is the link,

http://www.morrigancraftpottery.co.uk/pt3b.htm

didnt mean to hijack ,but very good story about the speed guys over in Europe while good old America was at Daytona and Bonneville and it is better than the ford pilot an old lady buried in 34 for a bomb shelter in england [​IMG]

28. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

I got a bad feeling its gonna look like the matchbox and hotwheels cars i used to dig up in my yard after a while and that means its aint gonna be pretty [​IMG]

29. Mel

Mel

Come on Mark, lets go! It'll be fun! [​IMG]

oldchevyseller- that story is kinda sad, but neat how that guy found the car years later.