Register now to get rid of these ads!

57' Olds 88 - Pics Needed of Rocker Panel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Large_911, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Large_911

Large_911

Hi All,

I was hoping someone may be able to help me out with some pics. I am in the middle of replacing my inner & outer rockers on my 57' Olds 88. I am trying to get an idea "what it is supposed to look like" in the wheel-well area in front of the rear tire. Unfortunately, both sides are gone and I don't have anything to compare it to. Basically, I am in the proces of boxing this in, but don't want to go any further at this point.

Any pics of this area, as well as a side shot of the curvature of the sheet metal (lower part of rocker / rear fender in front of rear tire) would be greatly appreciated!

Lastly, the wheel-house(s) are probably repairable, but I am unsure if it would be easier to replace these. I saw some for a 57 Chevy that looked similar, but I have no idea if they would work. Also, I am ok with an off-the-shelf universal steel wheel-house too. I have never removed these before and was not sure how difficult it was. Any advice here would be great.

Thanks!