Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

'57 McCulloch Supercharger

Discussion in 'What's It Worth?' started by Stanley Muller, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Stanley Muller

Stanley Muller

Hey Fam!

I stumbled upon this guy... a '57 McCulloch Supercharger. It has the bonnet (pictured at the bottom left corner of the screen), Holly carburetor, and air intake to go with it.

I've done a little reading on these guys but can't seem to find too much information.

I'm relatively new to this hot rodding thing... Any idea what the whole kit could be worth or what kind of car it goes to?

Attached Files:

Roger Sundfors likes this.
  2. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

That’s a VR57, which is what would have come on supercharged 57 Fords. Paxton McCulloch brand. Very cool piece. Check out VS57.com for some more info on them.

3. Stanley Muller

Stanley Muller

Thank you! I will give it a look!

4. Stanley Muller

Stanley Muller

Here is a better picture...

Attached Files:

5. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

That looks like a bunch of F-Code Ford stuff. It's very valuable to the right people.
    191072_Engine_Web.jpg

6. y'sguy

y'sguy
    from Tulsa, OK

Yes, valuable to the right folks. However, those blowers almost always need to be rebuilt and certainly the carbs. If the carb has the correct model number that will help the price. They are mostly sought after by the Concours crowd. Later models were more betta, but just so. Still Like to have one though. Just need a whole lot more bracketry to go with it to make it all happen. Translates to even more money too. The picture above is the Thunderbird mounting.