Register now to get rid of these ads!

57 ford skyliner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BEE-rad, May 9, 2011.

1. BEE-rad

BEE-rad
    from mn

Is it possible to have a 352 in a 57 skyliner when the motor wasn't officialy released in a skyliner until 58 ...... would this hurt the value and how would this be documented as a numbers matching car

2. From what I remember a 332" was released in 58' and the 352" in 59' but I suppose anything is possible.

3. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

maybe a RESTORATION site would be a more appropriate place to ask that question as far as the effect (if any) on value. Most of us in here think that sticking large engines in anything is a major enhancement. I think you should go for a SOHC 427 as long as you're leaning toward modifications. That would wow them at the next all-Ford meet for sure.

dj

4. yes you could put a 352 in a57 it would only slightly hurt the "value" it will never be documented as a numbers matching car

numbers matching means the engine trans and body/frame all have the correct matching VIN stamped on them

if your in this hobby for profit or gain or an investment . you are in it for the WRONG reasons cars never were meant for long term investments they are made to use , abuse and then throw away

its only silly people like us that throw endless stacks of money at an old rusted beat abused used and otherwise negelected pile of scrap metal for our own personnal amusement and for our unreturned love and admiration of a idealized simpler better forgotten era and the desire to live in such a place and time foolishly thinking if we can re-build an old derelict car into a driveable, safe usable piece of machinery that some how we will be transportedback to that past era and enjoy the simple good life of the american dream

5. BEE-rad

BEE-rad
    from mn

i found 57 skyliner and the owner states that it has a 352 .... could he be confused and think its a 352 when its really a 312 ...or if its a late 57' maybe they ran out of the 312's and put a 352 in?????

6. mustang552

mustang552
    BANNED

Ya, what 57ford/60thunderbird said. we think we want to go back to "the good old days". You bet, the Draft, Vietnam, no birth control>>>>>
    Lets go back???

7. mjlangley

mjlangley
    from SE MI

Ask for a picture- a 352 looks nothing like a 312...

8. BEE-rad

BEE-rad
    from mn

good idea..pic

9. if IF its original with a 352 VERY unlikly it would be worht a boat load of cash at barret jackson but it would need iron clad documentation

could it be a 58? and her just doesnt know the difference?

10. BEE-rad

BEE-rad
    from mn

57 2 headlights 58 4 that one is a no brainer i think i can figure that one out!! but good thought!

11. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

I know a few 58's with 352's but have never seen a 57. Usually the big engines in 57 were the e code 312 2x4 and the F code 312 with supercharger. Ive wanted an e code 57 ranchero for some time but have only seen one for sale ever. If I remeber right the first number of the vin said what code engine it was.

12. BEE-rad

BEE-rad
    from mn

thats some great info to know...thanks