Register now to get rid of these ads!

57 F100 Front Bumper Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldsmerc, Oct 28, 2012.

1. oldsmerc

oldsmerc
    from seattle

I have seen several 57 f100's with wrap around front bumpers tucked in closer to the body. Can someone tell me what bumper is being used for that look. I have the stock straight (nearly) bumper on my truck.
    Thanks, Dennis

2. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Few years back I saw a magazine article on a 53 F100 with such a bumber. As I was ready for bumbers on mine, I looked up the guy whose truck was featured [ain't the internet great] called and ask him what bumber. He told me a 69 dodge van rear bumber, bolt on. Well, obviously he did not install the bumber because it was not a bolt on, although it was close and could be modified to fit. Once I had my patterns made to cut the bumber it dawned on me that maybe I should ask about getting it chromed once it was fitted. Don't recall the quote but it was enogh to make me buy a stock F100 bumber. It seems like I recall seeing something about early Chevy pu bumbers being used, but then I barely recall last week. LOL.

3. Oldskool56

Oldskool56

On our 61 uni we just made a series of pie cuts to follow the valance contour and added material on the ends to help blend into the fender. We also shortened the lenght of it slightly and filled the bumper bolt holes. Hope that helps.

4. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Dennis, Your looking for a 59-60 F100 front bumper. Maybe 58 too I don't remember. Here is my 57 with the original and then the later.

And the then the frames horns trimmed and the bumper tucked back.

Later,Bill

Attached Files:

5. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

My sold 59 before and after.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. eviljake

eviljake
    from Austin, TX

a same year chevy bumber looks real good on there.

7. gilles d

gilles d
    from winnipeg

i used a late 80s ford van front bumper narrowed 4 in on each side and trimed the fram to get it close and made brackets out of angle welded to the bumper to also raise the bumper

Attached Files:

8. 69f100

69f100
    from So-Cal

our 60 has a bracket. it uses the original bolt holes and then is curved to fit a later model f100 bumper, its the same one ive seen on most all of them. ill see if i can find a link

9. What about a matching rear bumper?

10. fordpatina

fordpatina

this is the correct bumper it came on the custom cabs, it call deluxe bumpers. the licence plate goes on the right side on a bracket that goes on the bumper some of the base model had the straigt bumper like the 53-56 f100s the ones that are wrap around are for 59-66 the 59-60 chassis have a curv , the 57are straight . 58 early productions have it as well here are some pictures

Attached Files:

11. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

I never ran a rear. Prefer mine without.

Later, Bill

12. Yeah same here its just I would like matching bumper for the rear now

13. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

What about 61-66 rears? Can't say I've seen one on the 57-60 trucks but it might look good.

Later, Bill

14. I'm not to sure. Are they the same style? Who makes new hardware and bra keys for the custom front bumper for the 59-60?

15. tobias1954

tobias1954
    from Norway

I had these on my '59. Bought from Bob's F100 Parts.

Attached Files:

16. Perfect! That is what I need! Did they come with all brackets to mount? Where is bobs located?

17. tobias1954

tobias1954
    from Norway

Bob's is in Riverside, California. Since I live across the pond I made the transaction on the big auction site.
    My truck had a painted frontbumper with the brackets when I bought it, so I just reused them. For the rear I made my own brackets.
    Bob's later sold rear brackets on the bay.
    http://www.bobsf100.com/

I think Sacramento Vintage Ford may have them also.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  18. Thanks for the info! Were your front brackets riveted to the bumper?

19. truckrod

truckrod
    from akron,ohio

The rear bumper on tobi54s truck is the same as the ones on my 61 and 62 unibodys. I thought 57 custom cab came with a front bumper with no place for a license plate like the pic that fordpatina posted, the panel picture. I have one of those bumpers in my inventory.

20. I tried calling bobs and doesn't work

21. Molonewolf

Molonewolf

I've got the bumper like the red panel on the front and used the same one on the rear by modifieing the bracket . Sorry I'm not at home or I would post a picture won't be back until 1st of the year.

22. hershambob

hershambob

truck and car shop in orange do the bumpers for 57/60sand the brackets and irons

23. Yeah you are right but dealing with them can be a pain.