Register now to get rid of these ads!

57 Chevy, Dude! build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevy57dude, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Congrats! Also on my top 10 pick to drive too. One of my favorite H.A.M.B Hot Rods ! 20171014_113505.jpg 20171014_094352_001.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    brut4s, swade41, Philroy and 8 others like this.
  2. Thanks for thinking of me. I could not make it, was moving all my tools and box. Just made a job change. We will get together one of these days soon. Are you still going blown with the 57?

chevy57dude likes this.
  3. IMG_20170330_112221100.jpg
    Yes! It has to wait for the money...

swade41, Philroy, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  4. Congrats, Steve , on the recognition at the Jalopyrama. Very cool trophy for a very cool car. It was parked in a great spot. I watched as everyone who came in or out through that end of the building stopped to marvel at the car................Don.

5. Thats a nice huffer! I bet you are excited to get some boost.;)

chevy57dude and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. Don - Thanks for the kind words!
    Mikey - It's a 6-71. Old, in really nice shape. Still needs a drive and a manifold. By spring, I hope!

7. Steve, my drive was built by Gary Dyer and his son bill. They do excellent work, Dyers Blowers. They also rebuild stuff. Great guys to deal with.:)

lothiandon1940 and chevy57dude like this.
  8. Dyers is exactly who I'm going to.

mad mikey and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congratulations on your bomb for your bomb. You had her lookin pretty spiffy. Glad your back in business. Have fun stay safe.

10. Thanks, Stogy!
    Gotta get the heater working soon.

Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. Philroy

Philroy

Steve! Car is looking great! Congrats on the trophy! Now what's it gonna take to get the 57's lined up at the HAMB Drags?

chevy57dude likes this.
  12. You did a great job on this car, really nice. Is the rear radius treatment really how project x was done, I can't find the issue of them doing the radius ?

chevy57dude likes this.
  13. Yes, however X Almighty has stock quarters now. Jalopy Showdown drags next year will be the 1/4 mile debut.
    Thaks guys!

swade41, lothiandon1940 and Stogy like this.
  14. Hey Steve, great seeing you, although briefly, and your hot rod at Jalopyrama. Congrats on the pick, too. Here's a couple more pix for you.
    DSCF5319.JPG DSCF5320.JPG DSCF5321.JPG

15. Thank you very much!

lothiandon1940 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  16. Swade - Sorry, The last post was from my reasonably intelligent phone on the job. Somewhere, I have the PHR issue, from the very late '70's or '80ish. Unable to remember if they used front lips or raised the rear ones. For sure it wasn't in the '60s

n the 60's. Got reprints of the narrow slicks used then.

17. Philroy

Philroy

chevy57dude likes this.
  18. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Found the Oct. 68 issue where they cut the inner lips off and welded em up . Think they were enlarged later for sure , you can see it clearly in Hollywood Knights:D X2 on the engine pics...

swade41 and chevy57dude like this.
  19. My man Philroy resurfaces! Fun reading Ryan's post about you running to the staging lanes at the drags. Pics soon. The Queen wants dinner.

20. belair

belair

Nice car.

chevy57dude likes this.
  21. IMG950589.jpg
    Thanks everyone for the comments. Recent pic of Philroys car.
    Gas coupe/sedan, mind you!

22. IMG_20180610_170631218.jpg
    The new setup. Gary Dyers worked with my machine shop. He recommended carbs and drive pulleys to achieve my goals. Mission accomplished.

23. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Nice! I too have a Dyers on mine , very nice people to work with. Delivered exactly as promised:D

mad mikey and chevy57dude like this.
  24. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Never knew you had a thread going! Car looks great, it must rip with that motor!

Sent from my E6810 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chevy57dude likes this.
  25. Philroy

Philroy

Man that looks good! Bet it’ll whoop my little small block’s behind on the track! Haha! Guess you’ll just have to make the trek to the H.A.M.B. drags someday...

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chevy57dude likes this.
  26. One day..
    However, it's while your car is classified as a gasser, mine would probably not race in that class. The altered wheelbase excludes it from the whole ''gasser debate''. Fortunately.
    The M22 has to be upgraded before I try a heated slicks launch at the track. Believe me, I want very badly to run my car down the 1/4 & see what ET it will turn. Autogear makes what I want, it's a new M22 with super case, heavy duty mid plate and hardened gears. For now it's time to enjoy driving it and get used to the power. Strongest vehicle I've ever driven and honestly, it scares me. A little less each time I hit it, though.

27. Yea but what a rush. LOL.:D

28. Philroy

Philroy

They really don’t care what your car is classified as! Hop in a class and run! The old 50 Ford has a 454 with a blower and runs same class as my little n/a small block. Two more years of pharmacy school to get out of the way and I’ll just drive out there from Iowa with a truck and trailer and just kidnap you on a road trip to Missouri haha!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 and chevy57dude like this.
  29. ^You guys listing to this?!^
    Still in college, race car, truck, trailer. He's got it going on, motivation to the tenth power. There's a lot of good people in the young generation. The generation who will end up carrying on our little world here.
    Carlisle is this week. The plan is to bop over there to put a deposit on my new transmission. And fondle the display units, as a paying customer I should be able to get away with it!
    The Holley blue pump concerns me. While at the machine shop the other week, I got new lines & fittings for the carbs to get rid of the red/blue anodized '80s look. Machinist and race engine builder says it's not likely to keep up with a pair of 950 double pumpers through a 1/4 mile. So I'm going to plumb a fuel pressure gauge to monitor pressure while making a full throttle run on a deserted road. Purely for academic purposes, of course.

30. ...........................Of course.;)