Register now to get rid of these ads!

57 caddy wheel covers modified HELP!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shiit4branes, Aug 7, 2010.

1. hi im looking to get a set of 57 caddy wheel covers but with real pointy bullets and spinners like the ones i found here on the H.A.M.B. (but cant find the thread or member anymore). im wondering how he did it. please let me know where to go or what to try and find to make this work

thanks jeff

Attached Files:

2. Larry T

Larry T

Here's the guy that posted the pics. You might PM him.
    Larry T

randingo8

3. thanks ill send him a PM. Any one else got any ideas ???

4. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Mount 59 Caddy lenses in them for a little color.I have newer caddy (maroon) centers in mine.

5. fms427

fms427

Gene Winfield sells (or used to) sell a bullet that fits perfectly - NightProwlers may also. Make an aluminum disc and pop-rivit it into the center of the cap, drill for the bullet, and you're home free. Resist the temptation to bolt the bullet directly to the plastic center disc - it will eventually break and loose the bullet - I know!:eek:

You're on your own for the rest. Here is a picture showing mine.....

Attached Files:

6. randingo8

randingo8
    Member Emeritus

I'm glad you guys like my Hubcaps. They are 1957 Caddy with parts I added to them. Stuff that I came across at swap meets over the years. You can add anything to them, you almost can't go wrong. Don't be scared, give it a try. They are a real crowd pleaser at car shows.

See Ya! Randy

7. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

carshots 002x.jpg These are on my '49. I think I got the bullets on eBay. They didn't come with a crossbar for attaching them, but that was a quick and easy fab. See ebay under hubcap bullet or some such business.

8. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

The spinner/bullet is off an old aftermarket wheel cover like sold by J.C. Whitney, Montgomery Wards etc. back in the 50's and early 60's. good luck finding any in decent shape, i think those things rusted the first time they got wet!