Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 57 Belvedere 4 Door Gone Mad

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Racrdad, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Toner283

Toner283

Come on, did you see the car he started with? it was an already trashed sedan. He did not "ruin" a restorable car, he saved a trashed one.

My vote is for the speedster style windsheild. Ixnay on the boat windsheild IMO. As somebody already said, no matter what you do it will still be a boat windsheild. the rest of the car is top notch, keep going in that groove. The car to me is along the same build style as the Atomic punk. I always thought that one was a cool car too.

With the grille & headlights, I would like to see someone photoshop a combonation of the "forward look" from James D and the canted headlights one from Vintage tin.

2. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

Why the hatin? this guy has taken a POS 4 dr body and given it new life in a whole new way. Hell, my first car was a 58 dodge "swept-wing" 2d. but they weren't worth shit then. worked as a kid in a wrecking yard back in the day, i personally crushed 15-20 57-60 type mopar 4d cars. nobody wanted them then, other than some front sheetmetal & misc pieces. This car shows the kind of imagination and skills that keep things fresh.

4. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

5. customizer2024

customizer2024
    from niles, mi.

What Brian said......
    Brian , you have an amazing eye for styleand design.

As far as this project goes. AS much attention as it is getting here, it's all good.
    keep it comeing. It's so cool.

6. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

That's Funny!

I have to agree! And cooltoys1, this is the only thing you said with ANY merit!

7. Looking awesome!

Love the way the rear tyres sit in the fenders.
    Subscribed.

M

8. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Fuckin cool man! Way to go!

9. cooltoys1

cooltoys1
    from Buffalo NY

fuck off flynbrian48

10. ratster

ratster

like mazooma man, i dig it

11. It DOES have the Chrysler corporate element all over the grille! Look at a '57 300 grille, and you will see it.

1957 300C - http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h223/vwlarry/1957-chrysler-300-c-convertible-1.jpg

1958 300D - http://www.milkmandan.org/dev/null/archives/1958_chrysler_300d.jpg

Oh and cooltoys1, Plymouth built a total of 762,231 units, exactly. Third overall in the US for number of cars built in 1957, behind Chevrolet and Ford. Quit bitchin', already. He took a rusty 4-door sedan with a caved-in fender and built one seriously kick-ass fuckin' automobile from what would've probably seen a crusher, otherwise. You, in your FIVE posts to this time, have proven yourself a class-A asshole. Shut up and learn something here! The rest of us ARE learning and appreciating this build, thank you.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  12. Read more and post less, oh a real CLASSY comeback!:cool::eek:

13. Cooltoys1,

Gear down there big guy... no reason to start throwin' around names and such... especially since you're new... relax... This project is awesome and '57 Belv's are more plentiful than you think.... :D

14. vintage tin

vintage tin

Yeah, I see that now.
    I just think the front of the fenders and head lights and trim need to be used. I couldn't render my idea clearly.
    But if you were to feed off of all these photos, to incorporate the Plymouth fenders, and headlights. Huh,.....Maybe,...... I dunno. I am sure how ever the car turns out it will be F'n cool!
    (sorry Plowboy for ripping off your grille for my photoshop).

Attached Files:

15. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

LOL, well, I MAY have been a bit harsh. ;) But then again...:D

Brian (busy F-ing off right now!)

16. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Damn, Brian, it appears you hurt his mangina!:D

17. VintageTin, it would not be difficult to run the '58 Plymouth lights like are on your example, on the other grille. What you have in that first pic looks great!

18. cooltoys1

cooltoys1
    from Buffalo NY

Im truely sorry. I did admit it was highly creativer though, and he has mad skills. I just have a deeeeep thing for the plymouths, as you can see in my sig.
    Sorry, ill be more tactfull nexttime.

19. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

IS THAT YOUR CAR? avatar i mean....
    if so it killer!

20. MarkzRodz

MarkzRodz
    BANNED

What a way to get banned before the 10th post!,,lol.

21. George

George

The movie wrecked apx 23 cars. But it took a car w/o much interest & turned the 2 drs into a car of interest. I'm sure far more exist today because of the movie & resulting cloning, vs the more likely date with a crusher that might have been thier fate. Now wether it was good to wreck 200-300 '69 Chargers making a TV show(& God knows how many satellites).....

22. irace2win41

irace2win41

Love the car and the concept....

23. moparkevin

moparkevin

I am really into what what your makin'' great idea Ed Roth would love it! right..?

24. I have been watching for a cross ram intake for awhile. I really likes the looks and thought one would look good on this car. After talking about this with a good friend of mine he mentioned that he had one he traded for many years ago. He had never ran it on anything but was complete with carbs and linkage. I shouldnt have been surprised he had this, he has more parts stashed away than I have ever hoped to own in a lifetime. I asked him if I could borrow it for mock up to see if it was for sure what I was looking for. Well I definately liked the look. Well out of the blue he asked me if I wanted to take in trade for some parts I had bought for a rmutual race car project we had going on several years ago when I was drag racing alot. Heck Ya!!!! What a deal - what a guy - what else can I say?!?!

[/QUOTE]

Ain't it cool when your friends hook you up like that!?!?!? Way to go! I've always believed in the "What you send around eventually comes around" philosophy. Treat people as right as you can, and it will pay off!

GREAT build by the way!!! I'm REALLY enjoying reading the comments and the suggestions and trying to visualize each one in my head to think about whether I'd like it or not, BUT it's your build and at the end of the day YOU have to be the one who likes it!

Keep us posted!!!

25. koolkemp

koolkemp

Idiot.... Flynbrian has more talent in his baby finger than you probably have in your whole body.

26. Racrdad

Racrdad

After much consideration of input for the grille I did sort of mock up the front 12" inches of the fenders with headlights and they just didnt look good to me. I tried them canted, tried straight up and down, just werent working for me. So I broke out some sticks of round rod and had at it. Figured if round rod worked so well for the the boys at OCC it was good enough for me :rolleyes: Actually, I like bending up round rod for stuff, easy to work with. Yes there is a bit of square tube in there too, wanted a flat area to mount grille screen to. Still need to determine the total inside area of the grille opening, a way to go on this but making progress.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

I like the grill..it's coming together nicely

28. ruckusryan

ruckusryan
    from Canada

I love it!! Looks Like if Christine Had one hell of a Bastard Child!!!

29. team23

team23

Beach Boys .... been there done that..............

30. 69fury

69fury