This is my first project post on the HAMB and constructive criticism is welcomed. Pointers, tips and tricks that all you guys with lots of building experience have will come in helpful I'm sure. So after having the Lunar Lander and the Atomic Punk stuck in my head since the 08 Lone Star Roundup I decided I needed to have a shot at this show rod thing. This is my first shot at a build of this nature and my first shot at a car older than 64 so I am kind of winging this whole deal really. After a few months of keeping my eyes open and looking around I came across a 57 Belvedere 4 door. Loved the shape of the quarters and after a few days of pondering it I brought it home. I actually started on this about the first part of July and will post up progress pics as I get time. This is what I started with: Once I got it inside the cutting began. I cut it well oversize what I thought I might end up using. Easier to cut again than to try and make it bigger. With the car still on the trailer I cut the quarters and rear doors off in 2 sections. So with the car and trailer out of the way, the quarters with rear doors still attached are set up on some plastic crates to get a visual idea of where I might be heading with this thing. After gutting the inner structure out of the skins my buddy Rob helped me make the final overall width decision and tack it back together. Then the door skins were tacked onto the quarters. So we put a wheel and tire next to it and got another visual of where this thing is heading. Now that we have a good idea of what we need for a frame some 2 x 4 tubing is cut and welded up. Has a 16" kick in the rear. No crossmembers are put in yet in these pics just some square tubing to hold the main rails square. This is also the first frame either myself or Rob has built so we measure alot beofre cutting and welding. Fast foward a bit, the body is tacked into place on the frame with some braces to hold it in position for the time being and now I need a cowl. I probably should have had a cowl to start with but I kind of started building this thing from the rear towards the front. After some research I dont really think I am going to find a cowl close to the width I will be needing anyway so I figure why not just build a cowl. After studying the rear section of the roof on this car I think I see some nice compound curves that I can turn into a cowl. Decided the body was going to be to long once the cowl was added so some length was cut off of the door skins. Pieces of the donor skin from the roof being put into place. No framework for the cowl yet because I wasnt quite sure exactly how this was going to work out. Now to retain some uniform shape on each side and add some strength I started building some inner rockers. Next up is to build some framework for the cowl. Some 1" and 3/4" square tubing with a bunch of relief cuts so I can get into the proper shape was used. Its starting to look more like a cowl now.