Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 57-60 ford truck pics????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by luckystiff, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

Here's mine.Not too shabby:D these are different stages of my truck since Ive owned it.started out shiny and pretty.now dull and easy:)the chrome still shines all right though

Attached Files:

2. gafridge

gafridge

Here's my 58.It's got a 292 with headers and finned noname valve covers,toploader 4 spd. out of 67 mustang.It's got a long way to go,but i enjoy driving it and not having to worry about anyone scratching it.It cruises down the road good and gets about 16mpg. Stony

3. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

4. Big Khaunaa

Big Khaunaa

5. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

6. oface

oface

Silhouettes 57, what happened with that blue 58? The reason I ask is I picked up a 58 like yours last year here in ca. it used to be blue,now its in back primer. Its not as nice as that one any more.

Attached Files:

7. thishero

thishero

Working on side projects as a graphic artist I needed an illustration of an old truck, so I decided I'd like mine done, a 57. Well mine is not quite ready so I found a pic of Bills (novatattoo) and illustrated it. Turned out pretty good I think.

Attached Files:

8. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

WOW! Now thats pretty snazzy! I'll be saving that.

Thanks!

Later,Bill

9. thishero

thishero

Thanks Bill! It was fun to do.

10. luckystiff

luckystiff

well looks like two years later i'm finally gonna make use of the thread i started haha. picked up this pretty solid f250 today. cab is NICE. floors are solid as are the cab corners. fenders ain't bad. the bed floor is 40% gone. tailgate looks good. bed endcaps are way more solid than most, both have a dime size or so hole. 292 3spd. sucks as i woulda prefered a 1/2ton for the 5 lug pattern and less heavy duty suspension since i'm gonna lower it. i guess it can all be swapped or i can just go ahead and let this be the excuse to subframe it. so if anybody wants any 3/4ton stuff this trucks gonna loose it....ken....
    [​IMG]

11. doc's

doc's

[​IMG]

Looks like a good start!!

12. thishero

thishero

Went to the Turlock Swap Meet (central CA) this weekend and got to see this really nice 58. I love what he did with the tail gate, really cleans it up.

Attached Files:

13. oface

oface

Steve you didn't happen to look and see how that '58 was lowered down or tire and wheel size did ya? Thanks for sharein' the pictures.

14. thishero

thishero

Actually yes I did, since I'm still in the process of getting the right stance for my '57. He said he picked up a '78 camaro and put the front clip, including disk brakes and power steering and that the frames match up just right. He said he used the camaro's rear end, but used the ford's springs, but the axle is flipped.

As for tire size, he was running: 255/60 15's in the rear and 225/60 15 up front.

Yeah I was really impressed with the truck and how it sat, I think I'd like to go with a tire wheel set, but it was very nicely down. I wish I got some pics of the interior, it was equally impressive.

15. knucklepower

knucklepower
    from .

my 60,red was in 1996,the pic is better than the truck

http://up.picr.de/36972
    [IMG]http://s1.up.picr.de/36972
    [IMG]http://s2.up.picr.de/36972
    [IMG]http://s3.up.picr.de/36972

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  16. oface

oface

Steve thanks for the info and the pictures,thats a bitchin truck.

17. thishero

thishero

Workin' on gettin' my 57 ready for the Camaro clip. Here she sits at my desired height before I start cutting. Man do I hope it turns out like this...

Attached Files:

• 572.jpg
      572.jpg
      File size:
      29.1 KB
      Views:
    • 571.jpg
      571.jpg
      File size:
      43.2 KB
      Views:
  18. CrazyTalkCustoms

CrazyTalkCustoms
    from MN

Not a "HAMB Traditional", but I've always liked this one and I don't recall seeing it posted yet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. luckys13

luckys13
    from Phoenix

Here is my 57. 292 4 speed. IFS airbags, 4 link rear.

Attached Files:

20. Just Jones

Just Jones

Ok, maybe the wheels put it in street rod teritory, but there is no arguing that that is a really nice, well executed build. Lots of subtle custom touches that work great. Excellent flow and proportions. Its a hell of a nice truck.

21. hellbilly1932

hellbilly1932
    from San Diego

Mines on the F-100 post but here it is again, the bed has a fresh new coat of herculiner in it as of last weekend. Rear end flipped on springs running bags over leaf in rear and reverse eyes and de-arched front springs on a stock axle. need to redesign rear lower bag mounts and it will go lower, but waiting on the cash to get a dropped axle cause that's the only real way I can go lower up front as I don't want to flip it and I still run the stock 292 and the axle gets a little close to the oil pan and frame if you start pulling leafs out of the front spring pack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pics and to see the progression of how I got to this point check out this album and sub albums in my photobucket

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Hellbilly1932/1959 Ford F-100/

22. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Finally got my front bumper tucked and new wheels. Think I might add some baby moons. Opinions?
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  23. jrod60

jrod60
    from Katy, TX

Chrome spiders and bullet caps, methinks. I like Hellbilly's post above yours too. Flake roof is groovy.

24. CyaNide

CyaNide
    from Texas

Man, I love those trucks. If I needed another project I would definitely be in for one.

CN

25. Chopperrides

Chopperrides

After some of these I think I need to start over!

100_7265.jpg

I did do everything myself though besides the seat upholstery.

26. 57fordcustom

57fordcustom

here is my 57 thats c notched and waiting for air ride set up next..

Attached Files:

27. 57fordcustom

57fordcustom

more pictures

Attached Files:

28. jrod60

jrod60
    from Katy, TX

Four years after my 60 took off, I drug this 59 home Friday. It's a driver except that the steering is too loose for anything over about 40mph. Nearly rust free with a 302 and c4. The crossmembers are junk and will be replaced with proper repro units, along with front discs and full steering rebuild. While I'm waiting on parts I'll be peeling off miles of stick-on chrome and the most awful headliner 'insulation' I've run across. I might even get lucky and the a/c will work with a freon charge. I fully intend to shamelessly copy Hellbilly's silver flaked roof too.

I'm stoked to have some vintage iron again and as silly as most people (not here of course) think it is, I'll probably spend less money than if I'd gone with that 97 Cobra.

As we got it. Her hat goes with the chrome and wheels I think. ;) Salt flats are in my future if I can find a set in truck bolt pattern.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. zephyrV12

zephyrV12
    BANNED
    from pomona ca

here are some that i had before

Attached Files:

30. thishero

thishero

I posted a question to the general forum about tips and advice in adding the radiator support to my camaro clipped '57 F100. I have a general idea, I'm looking for advice, tips and/or photos from the people who have done it before. The link to the post is this...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551598

Thanks ahead of time.

Steve