Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 57-60 ford truck pics????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by luckystiff, Aug 3, 2007.

1. luckystiff

luckystiff

i thought there was a similar post to the chevy 60-66 post for the 57-60 ford but can't seem to find it. maybe my eyes were starting to cross scrolling through on the search or maybe i imagined it to begin with. anyhow i'm looking at a coupla 58s while in my truck search and would like to see pics.

found lots of good info tech wise and whatnot about lwoering and some of those had good pics but i never found a true "pic thread". lets see 'em...ken....

2. These things are so ugly... But they have a place in my heart.

3. 215slowpoke

215slowpoke

do a search of my posts and you will find some.
    I dont know how to post links.

4. jcruz

jcruz
    from Austin, Tx

5. fishtank

fishtank

JCruz: That thing is really shaping up nicely.

6. brewsir

brewsir

my parts chaser shit hauler. Volare clip 302/5 sp. Gonna lower it a couple more inches still.

Attached Files:

brEad and The Magic Ratchet like this.
  7. brewsir

brewsir

I stole this from KIRKS! post in Wa.

Attached Files:

8. luckystiff

luckystiff

9. Here is a shot of a Cool truck that belongs to a guy who use to work at SoCal Speed shop.

CBB

Attached Files:

The Magic Ratchet likes this.
  10. chop50chevy

chop50chevy
    from upstate ny

My Dad's '59. He used Mustang II up front, and flipped the axle over the spring in the rear. It has a '57 T-bird 312 Y-Block with some speed goodies. Fun truck... he has earned Top 10 truck pics at Googguys Hershey and Ocean City. It was featured in Classic Trucks in August of '07. It was home built to drive and enjoy - but he can't deny enjoying the attention it has received.

Attached Files:

11. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

My '57 from last fall, currently in the shop undergoing interior/wiring overhaul. Can't wait to fit them T-bird seats in 'er, get the keg tank hooked up...
    Jcruz, nice lowering! Mine's low in the front due to a Chevelle clip, looking to lower my stepside bed, how'd you drop yours? Any way to do this without doing the C-section?
    [​IMG]<br/>Shot with QV-R40 at 2007-08-03
    [​IMG]<br/>Shot with HP PhotoSmart 210 at 2007-08-03

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  12. eviljake

eviljake
    from Austin, TX

I've got tons of pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

exterminator likes this.
  13. jcruz

jcruz
    from Austin, Tx

hey thanks guys. i like the big rear window on your '57! this is my first ride...so i'm still learning. i got lots more to do!

you can get 3-6" in the rear by just flippin the axle and keeping the leaf springs (might be fine with just bump stops and no notch/cuttin!). i would have tried that if i wasnt going the route i did. i didnt even bother because i knew i wanted to go a bit lower. i just completed tacking in the camaro clip up front. best part is its free to flip the rear and will look killer.

checkout Lodaddyo, he's got a killer truck and i think he posted pics of his flipped rear:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191298&highlight=f100

xtraLow60 outta texas has one, too, in the weeds but its notched.
    LowSprings has one...i think (search these users' threads).

yeah...i'm seriously considering running the Cragars (the ones pictured are my buddies just for mock up) but it'll keep the steelies till i can afford it. considered those "salt flats" or "kidney" beans pictured above...i like those.

laters.

14. Actually, it's been sectioned. See how close the fender lip is to the hood? Subtle, but very cool.

15. luckystiff

luckystiff

i think that duece speed shop truck is/was a local truck to me. i know i saw it around several times a coupla years ago and haven't seen it since.
    does anyone know how the white(?) one in the snow or the green "golden west truck are dropped up front? i'm guessing clip and in being so most likely camaro. i honestly don't care much for these trucks at stock height but think dropped changes their whole appeal. then again i think that of alot of things. thanks for all the replys so far....ken....

and damn i didn't even pay close enough attention to notice the black one was sectioned. subtle indeed...ken....

16. customcory

customcory

Had one on the art show last week blah, blah, blah..........:D

Dsc00566.jpg

Dsc00567.jpg

17. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

How can you say that about the '57s? These pics are proof, way more bitchin' that the 57 Chevys!

18. Yeah, the Chevs are OK. So are the '56 F100s.They've just been done to death! (Yes, I'm wearing my "flamesuit"). Time for some equal exposure!

19. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

heres my 58
    almost done, getting glass this week

I call her
    "el Huerfano"( the orphan)

Attached Files:

brEad likes this.
  20. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Here are a couple Square F100's I've owned.

Attached Files:

21. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

I can't wait to start on mine now! damnit...I need ta' make some room, and get this thing inside...

22. jcruz

jcruz
    from Austin, Tx

THERE it is. best F100 ive seen in a while...done proper.

23. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

thanks alot jcruz, yours is looking good too
    i kinda dig the cragars myself
    keep up the good work!

24. mortecai

mortecai

hola lodaddyo
    "El Huerfano" don muy bonito! (very beautiful)

25. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

gracias, senior

26. Big Pauly

Big Pauly

Here is a pic of mine taken on my honeymoon in April.
    [​IMG]

27. luckystiff

luckystiff

just got back form looking at this one......
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1959...ryZ39414QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    it's not been wrecked, well it looked like it may have bumped something in it's life as the bumper was in about an inch or or on the right. the title can be had according to the guy. it's at a local salvage yard. they bought it at a storage lot sale. it's been sitting for about 10 years. motor is not stuck. belt crumbled when i spun the motor by hand. might even run with a little playing and maybe remove the inch or two of built up oil. cab corner rust is very small and underneath the cab at the inner edge, corners themselves are fine. floors have some spots. a little rust in the rear fenders where they meet the step board. bedside has small split on right at the rear of the fender. bedfloors of course are shot. front and rear glass good. both sides need replaced.

his local sale price is a little more than twice the current bid. i think i'll ride it a day or two and see if the bidding moves. anybody got any word on what they think it might be worth? i.e. should i go give the guy the cash...ken....

28. sociallydistorted

sociallydistorted

29. swill67

swill67
    from merced, ca

Here is mine. Not much to look at, but when I don't have to take the kids to daycare, It's my daily driver.

Attached Files:

30. sojerscraper

sojerscraper

here is my new '60 F250 i just bought from slowandlow... dont think im going to do much to it asthetically for now. im just using 'er as a parts hauler/daily driver until im finished my chrysler. once the house, the chrysler & the bsa are all done, the truck will probably get an overhaul, although, i really dig the character shes got now.

[​IMG]