Register now to get rid of these ads!

'57-'60 F-100 front suspension swapp

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dallas, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Dallas

Dallas
    from Tampa Fla

I was wondering if y'all could help with my question. I have aquired a '58 F-100 and with came a Aero Star complete crossmember, not installed. Has anyone on this board ever seen or done this install. On the Fordtruck forum they recommend the M-II ( kinda to pricey for me right now) or the Valare/ 5th Ave front end. I'm on a buget, like everyone else, so I'm doing homework right now to see which is the better rout. One of the main goals for this truck is to lay rocker via airbags. Many thanks for taking the time to read and for any input or pictures! I'm very open to any suggestions.

2. Dood, search is your friend. This has been covered so much recently..

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=F100+IFS+

Oh, and if this statement is true for you. Stop farting around with cars and worry about getting your stuff together.

3. Dallas

Dallas
    from Tampa Fla

Hey ELpolacko,
    Many thanks for the heads up on the links! I could've done with out the sarcasim but whatever... and maybe you should leave the life lesson tips for another board, just my opinion. Best of luck with your shop.

4. Yeah, sarcasm is horrible. I don't know why people use it these days, it just has no reason for being in today's polite society. I'm glad to see you took the high road instead of wallowing in the mud with us pigs.... ;)

Looks like you're here for solid hot rod related articles and tech, and no bullshit, that's cool. Sorry to ruin your day. I will be sure and stay on topic from now on.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/search.php?searchid=7678527

There is a reason why you are having a problem finding info on your Aerostar front end. They are ugly like a bucket of armpits and don't offer any advantages other than being Ford and sort of fit.

Oh, and if you do have a serious question to ask about IFS swaps on these trucks there are a few of us around to answer them for you.

5. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Do the 04+ Crown Victoria IFS. It was cheap,easy,and handles awesome!

6. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

7. thishero

thishero

8. lOl- hey player, you just farted at the best possible resource for your swap.

____