Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 56 ranch wagon

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by gdrummer, Sep 21, 2021.

1. gdrummer

gdrummer

hi ya'll i'm working on a 1956 ford 2 door ranch wagon.

the floors and rockers need replacement. i know that ems and hot rods .com have the exact replacement panels but they are very expensive.

i have seen a couple other places that offer made in the usa, 18 ga pans at a fraction of the cost but they are for a 56 fairlane. is there anyone that knows if the fairlane pans will fit?

i need all the 6 pcs and inner and outter rockers.
    thanks

dana barlow likes this.
  2. Roothawg

Roothawg

I'll save you a lot of heartache. Buy the EMS panels. You will be glad you did. So far I have purchased the front fender repair panels, the rockers and the rear floor pan for my 55 Ford. All fit like the originals.

Plus, the EMS guys are hambers. @ems customer service

Time is money my friend.

3. EMS didn't offer them when I built our '54 Ranch Wagon so we just bought 2 - 4' x 8' sheet metal, a bead roller,and a shrinker/stretcher and made my own.

It took a lot of time, had EMS been making them at that time I would have payed up and been done a lot sooner. HRP

4. I used eBay pans on a 54 Chevy sedan.Would have been easier to have usedEMS. Less fitting .

5. I used the EMS panels for my 53. Top quality and fit well.

Attached Files:

ems customer service likes this.
  6. Keep in mind the rear floor isn't the same as the sedan floor, if you need much of the floor under the rear seat you'll need a wagon-specific stamping.

stillrunners likes this.
  7. wvenfield

wvenfield

A lot of the cheaper stuff is pretty generic. That's all well and fine depending on what you are after with your build. If all you can afford is the cheaper stuff it's all you can afford but your fabricating skills will usually come into play. If you want it correct, you will have to pay up.

My friend bought the cheap pans for a 56 Pontiac. They were basically flat pieces cut to the basic size with a couple beads rolled into it. It works but you can make those yourself.

8. ems customer service

ems customer service

HAMBERS thanks for all the nice comments , the rear floors are in process for production. and the last 2 rows of floor braces are following right behind the floors

stillrunners and pprather like this.
  9. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The rust repair for my '54 Ranch Wagon is moving closer to the top of the to do list. Planning on EMS panels for sure.

ems customer service likes this.
  10. gdrummer

gdrummer

well thanks for all the info.

i'm gonna order the pans from ems.