Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 56 Pontiac Safari Wagon.. should I?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Fishbeck, Nov 22, 2011.

1. poncho55

poncho55

Check it out again, evaluate cost to just get it running and safetied and then make a decision. It's defintely cool.

2. Gas Pump Kid

Gas Pump Kid
    from KY

I just got my 56 Safari less than a week ago and cant wait to get started on it once I can get the funds ready which hopefully will be real soon!! I did find a website called pontiacsafari.com that has lots of good info. It also tells the stuff it shares with the Nomad which is pretty much just the top. I am looking for a steering column, all the chrome that goes in the dash and all the instrument gauges, switches and such. Also would like to find a roof rack and the small stainless that goes just under the stainless spear on the front fender and helps separate the color for a two tone finish. Im sure there will be more as I move along. Would also like to get the proper floor pan for the passenger side front. The only rust issue I have found so far appears to be in the front floor and in the bottom of the tailgate. That said, I might be in the market for a tailgate if a solid one comes around. Heres a sneak peek! ENJOY! I almost forgot my biggest missing link... The hood ornament!!! Does anyone have any pictures of one so I can start my search?

Attached Files:

3. How about the picture in the initial post?

4. racemad55

racemad55

No,not a roof rack ! Outer tailgate skins can be had repro.

5. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

If you have to ask every one else what they think then maybe you shouldent buy it. If you wanted it bad enough there would be no questions asked.

6. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

What "Racemad" said, No Roof Racks on Nomad/Safari, But it,s your nice wagon Dude ?