Register now to get rid of these ads!

56 PONTIAC Interior Pics 55-57 Stock or Kustom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pontiacres Ranch, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

My wagons interior is pretty much bare metal, seats that I had recovered in Tomatto Tweed & Bone White Vinyl upholstered in a stock pattern. Besides The Locar Shifter with the Skull wearing the German Helmet, the only Kustom touch is the Moon Cross Valve Stem Caps that I have on the nubs where the Krusty CA Sun Baked plastic knobs used to be. Also the NOS Radio Delete Plate. Anyone got pics of stock or custom 55-57 PONTIAC interiors? Im planning the next move, an Upholsery guy who I embroider for owes me a big favor which will include Piping and door panels!

Thanks

Ed Evans
    56 Pontiac 860 2 Door Wagon

Wanted:
    55-6 Pontiac Bench Seat Side Trim

NEEDED: 55-56 Usable Pontiac Rearend Center Section.

[​IMG]

2. flypa38

flypa38

Here's a couple of a convertible from Pittsburgh World of Wheels. Mine is quite a bit different inside. Especially in the door panels and arm rests. I don't have any pics of it at the moment.

Hope this helps!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

Thanks.....Id kill for those seat sides. Ive got 2 sets, both sunbaked and egg shell fragile. Cant believe that they lasted a year or 2 when new.

4. flypa38

flypa38

Mine are pretty beat too. I' gonna glue a backing on the cracks and fill/paint 'em!

5. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

I made all of my cardboard panels out of 3/16 ABS, now Ive got to start planning an interior. The safari pics that ive posted had nice door panel stainless trim, but its all wasted now. I have 1 original door panel, but it was base model, no trim at all...So I might as well do something mild custom to it.

6. flypa38

flypa38

7. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

Those are nice, but I cant do that either! especially when my kids are gonna trash them getting in and out! Be much easier to kill then come up with the 400.00!

8. '57 dash is a bunch different, but 55-56 are pretty similar.

Any 55-56 plastic, the white color particularly, is a bitch to find for these cars intact - even cars up here in the northeast that have sat in the shade for years and years have crumbling knobs and seat side covers. It would almost be worth your time to make some kind of forming buck to use to do like a vaccuum form and make some of your own. You could probably sell a bunch of sets to other guys as long as it was done low-key, enough to pay for your costs at least. I say low-key because there's no sense chancing GM claiming a trademark infringement.

So be careful with those dash knobs, they're tough to replace if you should break one.