Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 56 Lincoln windshield gasket made of unobtanium?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by indcontrols, May 14, 2019.

1. indcontrols

indcontrols

It seems that a new windshield for the 56 and 57 Capri and Premiere is available everywhere, but I think I have called all of them and no one has the gasket / seal... The MARK II seal is available, but not the Lincoln...
    Anyone have one, know of one, or even have a piece /sample of one that I can use to match up something close ?? I foolishly threw away the old one at some point in time - which is weird because I really never throw away car parts - I'm sure I'll need them at some point !

2. coilover

coilover
    from Texas

If you can find even a small piece to get a cross section Metro Molded Parts in Coon Rapids Minnesota can make you one. Might be worth a call to see if they have a pattern in their library. Guess you have already tried Steele.

Bigblue61 likes this.
  3. indcontrols

indcontrols

I was thinking the same thing if I could get a piece, could possibly even extrude it myself if it came to that... I did try Steele - they don't have it, but they do have plenty of profiles that I might me able to match up to... I think I ended up using a Grady White seal on the Rambler back window, it was really close. !!!

4. gatz

gatz

5. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  6. 5window

5window

7. indcontrols

indcontrols

Still striking out - anyone have a piece of one ?

8. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Did you try Boos- Herrill?

9. indcontrols

indcontrols

Looks like they are are 36-48 only, actually looks like you could build one from scratch with just their parts ! No 56 stuff, but I will try them nonetheless...

10. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

I have some pieces ,pm an address I'll send you one. I think Bobs classic glass was showing the seals,about 500 each

11. indcontrols

indcontrols

Awesome, thanks !