Register now to get rid of these ads!

'56 F100 brake parts??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jkustom, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Im helping a buddy with the brakes on his truck.. I've been too busy to spend much time hunting for parts.. What are the reputable places to spend his money for him? His master cyl is leaking, haven't pulled it apart yet, I'd like to know what's out there and how much it's gonna cost him before we open the can of worms.

So F-100 fellas, where should I look? I've heard that the 56's might be different than the rest of the 50's line up? What say you?

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Didn't even think of napa, thanks! B&B is not far either.

Im hoping I can just rebuild this one, but we'll see when it comes apart. Thanks man!

4. my local O'Reilly auto parts stocks the wheel cylinders and brake shoes , hardware kits and master cylinders are in the warehouse

5. ChekrdPast

ChekrdPast

There is a place called Joblot Automotive in Queens, NY. A goldmine for NOS and repro Ford parts. If they don't have it they can help find it. Their phone #(718) 468-8585. Also Mid-Fifty and Bob's F-100 in Cali has everything you need for the '56's. Good luck !

6. good to know..thanks...