Register now to get rid of these ads!

56 caddie master cyl.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wreckfixer, Sep 29, 2011.

1. wreckfixer

wreckfixer

I posted some pics off my brothers 56 caddie a few weeks back. Well he has started working on it. pulled the brakes apart all that looks fine. my question is can you rebuild the power master cylinder on your own or do you have to send it off? Any of you Caddie guys want to chime in that would be great.

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Single master cylinders usually rebuild pretty easily if they aren't pitted in the bore of the cylinder. You shouldn't have to do anything to the booster it's self unless the diaphragm has ruptured from age.

I'd pull the master cylinder off, take it apart clean it up and run a hone through the bore and see what it looks like and then decide the course of action. Even if you have to replace it or send it off to have a stainless steel liner put in the bore and have it rebuilt you will only be out about 30 minutes time besides the time to pull it off.

5. cookiemonster131

cookiemonster131

i rebuilt mine the first time on my own and ti worked for about 6 monthes and went bad. i would suggest contacting caddyparts.com in SC they have a place in peniela park FL that rebuilds them for $300 if you core is good. they did mne, did a great job and did it fast.