Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 56 C/Altered Beetle

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Algon, Feb 25, 2008.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

2. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Funny how i thought about this car like this weekend.
    Drag VDubs rule bad.

3. Quit teasing me - I love this car...................Where do I send a donation?????

4. Algon

Algon

Hey guys,

Thanks for the interest in this thing, I am in the process of moving which will give me some more space to work on this once I finally have the shop in order. Right now I have the contents of most small fabrication shops and a full upholstery shop in a 24'x24' block box so this requires moving stuff for a few hours just to get to it. Progress I'm sad to say has been very limited and the little I have done has been geared toward the 63 Fairlane.

It's severly off topic but I spent the summer working on this 12-14 hours a day. It was originally back halved by another shop that the nicer work on the car was completed by a good friend. It was torn down again at my day job for paint which lead to them hiring me to tin it, build inner wheel housings and full length quarter sections on it along with some repairs to the previous interior job. That quarter alone is 95-1/2" long so the weld seams are longer than the wheel base of the Beetle and just shy of the length of whole car. Feel free to cry now as it is a real 406 4V 4speed car the owner's father bought new... The 406 didn't hold together long and the dealer swapped in a 427 short block with the original 406 heads.

Plumbid,

I'm not too proud for donations but how about you just keep an eye on my ads for something you can use.

Thanks, Dan

Attached Files:

5. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Any progress? This is still one of my favorites!

6. That ole box top is one sweet ride. Looks like nice work too!

7. mwittke

mwittke
    from fort wirth

New to this thread, GREAT work, love to see her when she is done

8. I wondered how you were making out. I was given a Non hamb friendly VW bug body only(72) Got a frame built and motor and trans in (/6 mopar) I m beginning to love it.
    Don

9. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Sweet project dude. Thats badass

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

10. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    from Illinois

Dan never thought I would be a bug fan but this think is cool nice build
    S

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. best2923

best2923
    from north Id

will it hook up?

12. Hope this car comes to life someday. I thought I'd better post before they possibly close this thread. I'm guessing this one may slip past though, seeing how Joey likes it and he's "connected":p. And don't forget, if you ever think about selling it;););)

Any progress while we're at it?

13. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Man, I'm emotionally invested in this thing. I've been following this thread since before I could drive...

14. Algon

Algon

Hey Guys,

I've seen the other posts and intended to add something but the car is just sitting for now. Last night was the first time I've done anything with it since the move and that was showing the neighbor kid what the stacks look like on the 289. That and it being Thompson weekend AGAIN is a real kick in the balls to get back on it....... Right now In the small amount of time I have I'm trying to get my own little shop in order to start into some customer projects. I have some off topic but cool stuff to work on like a crashed 36 Cord and 68 Stang convert getting a custom frame and a new Boss-9 in other shops but I need to focus doing my own thing so I might acutally get some credit for all the cars I build for people.

Anyway I keep saying this but I do plan to get back on it as working on the car would help me burn some stress. Thanks for the interest as always, Dan

kidcampbell71, J.Ukrop and Chucky like this.
  15. Dan- I had a dream about this car the other night. Is it done yet? ;)

Chucky likes this.
  16. He hasn't been on the HAMB in a long time. Too bad, I think it looks great and is just as traditional as any Anglia or other small/ light import.

RileyRacing likes this.
  17. Every now & then someone builds a car that stands on it's own and despite the fact that it uses a Volkswagen body it is a traditional style build that stands the test of time and like Chucky eluded too,the car should get the same approval as the Anglia's and Fiat's that campaigned back in the day. HRP

18. Chucky likes this.
  19. Looks like this thread is dead.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016