Register now to get rid of these ads!

55 Olds Trans

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Midwest Rodder, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Ok guys and gals, I am deciding on the drivetrain on my 55 Olds and a few questions came up. We are going to pull the 324 and give it a once over and get it running, the trans is shot and if I am going to drive this car on a regular basis I want a modern and relaible trans in it. What I need to know if there is a trans that everyone recomends that will go good with the 324, am I going to need an adapter and if so who makes them.
    Also where can I get some good parts at a good price for the engine rebuild? I am used to rebuilding sbc and the prices on parts for this engine are priced way high compared to the sbc, I want the Olds in this car so I just need to find all the parts to get her going.

2. Try Ross Racing in Niles, Ohio, 330 544 4466. They can provide you with any engine components you my need for your rebuild and they also make transmission adapters for the turbo 400/350/powerglide.