Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 55 olds oil pump and pickup

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Deuce Man, Oct 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Man

Deuce Man

Engine shop lost my oil pump and pickup. I posted a want ad on this forum, but thought you guys might have a line on where I could find one. Engine is all together and this is the last thing to do! Thanks Rich

2. Wanderlust

Wanderlust

I would think they ought to be sourcing that for you

3. 66ragtop

66ragtop

I might have a pump and pickup. I'll check this weekend and let you know

4. Deuce Man

Deuce Man

A Hamber recommended Ross Racing engines, has he fixed his problems ? Thanks Rich

5. 66ragtop

66ragtop

I have a oil pump and pick up but I believe it is from a 59 371. The oil pump drive is hexigon not D shaped like the 324s. I do have the distributor and shaft to go with it if you are interested

6. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Tony has always been straight up with me. I've bought parts from him a few times and he's always given me a fair price and gotten me my stuff in short order. I cracked an exhaust manifold on my 394 and I needed a flywheel as well. Tony had me covered.

If you need an oil pump, Ross Racing or even Fusick will have you covered, though Tony may have a better setup than a factory pump available. The bigger issue for you is the pickup, which isn't a readily available part. Tony will probably have you covered there. I may have one as well but mine will need some cleaning up since it came from a '56 324 that threw a rod. Are you missing the oil pump drive too? Your machine shop should be sourcing and buying all of this stuff for you. Losing shit is unacceptable.

Wanderlust, triumph 1 and Truck64 like this.
  7. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

I agree 110% but as a practical matter they can't shit another oil pump. If he can find one before they can, he gets his engine back that much quicker.

8. Deuce Man

Deuce Man

These guys are just a small town engine machine shop, most of them are around the age of my grandsons. Early olds parts are totally out of their realm. But on the other hand I bet they are up on chevy LS motors. Unless you are an old car person, our sources are totally unknown. So 66 Ragtop has a later possibly 371 pump, pickup, and distributor. Will they work in my 55 324 block? Thanks guys Rich

9. I should have at lease one original 324 oil pump. Dm me if you are still in need and I’ll look my stash.

10. NelsonN

NelsonN

11. NelsonN

NelsonN

I have an oil pump out of a 1956 Olds, a little oily but if you want it contact me.

12. Deuce Man

Deuce Man

I have one in the mail, Thanks guys

Truck64 and 57JoeFoMoPar like this.
  13. Deuce Man

Deuce Man

Got my oil pump today. A modern miracle! Now if I could just find one of those $100.00 dollar deuce grill shells LOL Thanks again guys Rich

triumph 1 likes this.
  14. NelsonN

NelsonN

So Richard, "Deuce Man", I send you an oil pump and you send me a check from a closed bank account that bounces nicely done. You owe me $69.53 plus bank charge of $12.00 total $81.53. The phone number on your check is no good also. My address again is 136 Spring Street East Greenwich RI, 02818.
    If I do not have a check by Wednesday 12/16, I will make a post on the HAMB
    Nelson Niles

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Unacceptable. I am on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.