Register now to get rid of these ads!

55 ford VIN number?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by looz nutz, Mar 1, 2007.

1. looz nutz

looz nutz

Does anybody know were the VIN numbers are on a 55 Ford truck. I have a LMC catalog and it says that the number should be on the drivers door, but I can not find the number. Would the number be on the glove box door? If it was Im screwed cause somebody stole it. Would there be another area were the number could be stamped on? Help needed I want to register truck so I can have a chear transportation/cool truck. If not it is going for parts sale. Thanks HAMBERS!!!!!:confused:

2. Vin #'s Are stamped on top of the Frame rail just in front of the Tranny crosmember on the Pass side. The Vin # was never on the Doors. The body tag was screwed to the inside of the Glove box door.
    The Wizzard

3. metalman

metalman

Not 100 % sure on a 55 but my 56 had the vin tag on the left (drivers) hinge piller between the hinges

4. check the glove box lid on the inside,vin tag may be there

5. nrfleming

nrfleming

i have a 48, its on a tag at the top right on the firewall.

6. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

The Book Is Wrong, '56 Had The # In The Door......'53~'55 Had The # On A Plate That Screws To The Inside Of The Glove Box Door.

There Is A # On The Frame, Somtimes Its Hard To Find It.

Take The Battery Box Cover Off & See Of You Can Clean The Top Of The Frame, Get Very Good Light & See If You Can See In There.

You May Need To Locate The # On Th Frame With Good Light & A Mirror.... Then Un Bolt That Side Of The Cab & Lift It Up So The Vin Verifier Can See It..... Just Depends On Where Exactally It Is......

7. I've never seen one under the Cab. They have always been just behind the back edge of the inner fender panel, forward of the crosmember Rivet. on 54 & 55's.
    The Wizzard

8. Tacson

Tacson

IF gbox plate is gone. It is on the passenger(right) frame rail on the topside between the spring mounting perches thereabout

9. parksquijada

parksquijada
    from norcal

Wow i have never seen so many different places for serial numbers! When i registered my 54 ford panel truck the highway patrol scraped the passenger side of the frame under the radiator core support and there it was. Also on glove box door sometimes..hope it helps...bob