Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 55 Ford Truck Cab F6 on F1 Frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Little Wing, Jul 26, 2019.

  1. Little Wing
    Joined: Nov 25, 2005
    Posts: 7,504

    Little Wing
    from Northeast

    Will the cabs from the bigger series trucks fit the smaller chassis ?

    That should say 1956 cab ,, not sure how to change title

    Correct was made the guy says it is a F350 stake body
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  2. flatford39
    Joined: Dec 3, 2006
    Posts: 2,800


    The cabs will but the front fenders won't is what I remember. you need a pick up front clip as they are a little smaller
    Little Wing likes this.
  3. Cab, hood, grille etc all the same between big trucks and pickups. Only the front fenders are different.
    Pist-n-Broke likes this.
  4. Correct and only the size of wheel well opening is different on the fenders. Everything bolts up the same.

  5. F-ONE
    Joined: Mar 27, 2008
    Posts: 3,092

    from Alabama

    You need to clarify some.
    F-1-F8 series ended in 1952. The hundred series began in 1953. So first generation F (1s) series....1948-52. Second generation "100s 1953-1956.
    A 1955 F 600 will fit on a 1955 F100 frame but not on a 52 F 1 frame.
    dirt t likes this.
  6. Mr48chev
    Joined: Dec 28, 2007
    Posts: 30,818


    The serial number for your "little" truck should be stamped about 10 inches behind the axle center line on top of the right hand frame rail. That should match the vin on your title.
    If you are using the title to the F600 most states will let you buy reduced tonnage and not charge you for what an F600 is rated for. Simple way is "I made it into a 1/2 ton" with no extra explanation. for
    You can go go through the steps to get a "rebuilt" title on the truck that will avoid any hassles later.
    You just have to put the paperwork together to get the truck inspected in your state and the title updated to reflect that you rebuilt it.
    That would include the current title to the F100.
    Bill of sale, title or wrecking yard receipt for the F600 cab (have them put the serial number/vin of the cab on the receipt).
    I'd cut a section out of the old cab that had the vin/serial number plate on it and take it along with the plate still firmly attached to it. Before, during and after photos don't hurt either. Basically proving that you legally own all the pieces is what they want anyhow.
    harpo1313 likes this.
  7. Little Wing
    Joined: Nov 25, 2005
    Posts: 7,504

    Little Wing
    from Northeast

    Awesome info ,, Thank you all :)
  8. Little Wing
    Joined: Nov 25, 2005
    Posts: 7,504

    Little Wing
    from Northeast

    and the fella corrected ,,F350
  9. The vin on a 56 ford truck is held on with Phillips head screws. as long as the vin on the cab matches the vin on the frame your OK.
  10. The one ton 53 thru 56 trucks used the exact same fenders as the 1/2 ton .
  11. trodom
    Joined: Jul 26, 2019
    Posts: 1


    I have a general queston can any one help me to get back on the y blocksforever site lost password and cant get back on ; by the way I have a farm dump truck 1958 ford with 292 v8 on road today probably need help in future thanks
  12. wd98223
    Joined: Jan 23, 2012
    Posts: 3


    is the 36 ford headlight for sale. bill 6127235059

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.