Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 55 First Series...Whats it Worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MonkeyMouse, Apr 10, 2017.

1. MonkeyMouse

MonkeyMouse

Unfortunately, due to some unforeseen circumstances, it looks like the pick-up may have to go. But I have no idea what to ask for it? It is a 1955 First series 3600 with a 236 straight 6 and 3 on the tree, basically all original, not restored. It was painted some time ago in the 70’s I believe but it wasn’t the best job. Currently not driving and has been parked a couple of years due to a few things… Broken leaf spring, starter would randomly not work, and ultimately needing all new break lines, it sat. It needs plenty of love and attention at this point. I checked out the typical NADA, Haggerty, Hemmings, but they only left me more confused with prices all over. I want to think its worth something being that it is a 55 first series, you don't see too many of them.

There’s pictures of the truck in the thread (note that they are literally from 2005): http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/55-1st-series-thought-id-say-hello.396857/#post-4317874
    ...Unfortunately it isn’t as nice looking now due to lack of time, money, and proper storage. Let me know what you think, or any questions, its much appreciated!!

2. squirrel

squirrel

You don't see many of them, especially 3/4 tons, because not many folks want them. Looks like a decent truck, and I expect it's worth more up there than it would be down here.

$3k-6k is my guess. I could be way off.