Register now to get rid of these ads!

History '55 Fairlane gasser - More pictures or info on this car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Just Jones, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Just Jones

Just Jones

Got these pictures off a HAMB thread a short time back that I haven't been able to find again. Anyone have more pix of this great looking gasser, or have some info about it, like what it ran for a drive train, what the suspension set up was, etc?

Thanks in advance - Terry

Attached Files:

2. That belongs to a Candian friend of mine, he said it was a bit of a local legend type car that ran the streets. I'll p.m. you some contact info for him and I'm sure he can give you all the details. The current version is running a sbc but i don't remember what he said about the original.

[​IMG][/URL[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Just Jones

Just Jones

Thanks, I really appreciate the info - Terry

4. 56 gasser

56 gasser

send me a email at [email protected]. I will send you photos of my 56 ford mainline gasser 1 week to go and she will be done.

5. 56 gasser

56 gasser

super cool...love old gassers

6. Just Jones

Just Jones

Yeah, me too

Attached Files:

7. 56 gasser

56 gasser

the 56 on the bottom BAD NEWS is the car I just bought ...almost done redoing the whole car. check out my pics

8. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

56, how about some info on Bad News and it's new incarnation?

9. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

Here are some 55's you may not have seen.

Attached Files:

10. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I really love those pics ! I have a 55 Ford Fairlane fordor and was thinking about doing that to mine . Can any of you help with the information on the front end conversion ? Like what did you all use and how bad was it to convert to a gasser .
    That "Bad News" is beautiful ! A true flashback in history . Loved them when I was a kid and still do .
    The Bob Dawson is really nice too . would like some more information on that build too if it is available too !
    Eightyduece , can you give me some information on the blue front end tilt ? Is it your's and could I over sometime and take a look at ? If it isn't your's can you tell me if it's a local one so I can see how the tilt front end was done .

RetroJim

11. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

Retro Jim, sorry but the blue 55 is not mine. I saved the photo from ebay a couple months ago.

12. Just Jones

Just Jones

That copper colored '55 in the middle belongs to a HAMBer, Str8axleford, although I believe those pictures are about 20 years old or more. Here is another of his car:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010