Register now to get rid of these ads!

55 Dodge

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tbcworks.com, Jul 25, 2011.

1. tbcworks.com

tbcworks.com
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Had this ol fella in the shop not to long ago for a Porters exhaust. Truck sounds awesome, owner loves it. Just recently brought it back in for a little Mustang II love. Trust me when I tell ya, universal kits dont cover this make and model.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. dodges are the bastard step children of the hot rod world.. especially the pickups...

3. tbcworks.com

tbcworks.com
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, but being a bastard step child myself, I know how it feels to not be loved!!! Gotta love them all!!!

4. T.L.

T.L.
    from Colorado

I like it...

5. sololobo

sololobo

I don't like the truck, I LOVE IT!! MoPars can be a challange but worth the effort. Rock on with the cool hot rod. ~sololobo~

6. D.G.F

D.G.F
    from Las Vegas

any more pictures?

7. Dick's Beaters

Dick's Beaters

Before I saw this truck the only Dodge I liked was the sweptside. I always liked the butterfly hoods on these but the truck as a whole just didn't catch my eye. Got to see this one up close last night and it looks great, nice work Tim.

8. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

Well it ain't a pickup but it's a '55 and it's all Mopar. Still running the 270 Hemi. (No Chevy stuff for this guy). Gotta love them little bastards .....

Attached Files:

• d5.jpg
      d5.jpg
      File size:
      565.5 KB
      Views:
    • d6.jpg
      d6.jpg
      File size:
      567 KB
      Views:
  9. Wags66

Wags66
    from Montana

Being a Dodge truck nut I know I'm nuts for loving Dodges. Makes the easy mods more difficult. Dare to be different. Wouldn't have it any other way.

10. tbcworks.com

tbcworks.com
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  11. tbcworks.com

tbcworks.com
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And thanks for the Thumbs Up!

12. 4msfam

4msfam

Such a beautiful truck! Since I'll be lowering my '55 soon... I'm assuming the MKII setup you got wasn't such the bolt in affair after looking at your blog. Can you post more pics of the build? Wish you were closer to the NW!
    Great work!

13. MoparFinman

MoparFinman
    from Okla

build it all Mopar or don't do it!;) Theres better ways to build that front end than put mustang II stuff under it. But than I'm MoPar or no car.:cool:

14. Wags66

Wags66
    from Montana

Ditto ^^^^^^^

15. 73RR

73RR

16. MoparFinman

MoparFinman
    from Okla

17. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

18. moparmonkey

moparmonkey
    from NorCal

Beautiful truck!

I'm also not a huge fan of the MII suspension set up. I clipped one of my '53's with a '66 Fury, but after doing that I have to say it's not the most straight forward addition either. Although it is nice having the the torsion bar set up in the truck. There are entire articles out there on how to do a Volare front clip, its pretty popular even with the '50's ford truck guys.

I actually think that finding a Dakota frame and swapping the whole thing is probably easier than doing a clip, although its not exactly HAMB friendly and can raise registration/insurance issues depending on what state you're in.

With my next '53 I'm keeping the solid axle and just lowering the springs. Disk brake conversions are out there if the brakes are an issue for you.