Register now to get rid of these ads!

55 Dodge truck build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shagrat, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Shagrat

Shagrat

Since my plan to build a shop this spring fell through, I am keeping busy with a project that can be managed under the proverbial shade tree.
    As it is not really HAMB friendly, I won't waste much bandwidth on it. Just mentioning here for the truck guys and Mopar freaks.
    I am basically taking a 1975 D200 truck minus the body and putting a 55 H-series (2ton) cab on it. The 75 is a complete chassis with factory 440/727 & Suregrip 4:10 Dana 60. I plan to build a custom utility/flat bed for it. I'm still working on a design. Nothing I have drawn up looks quite right. I am keeping the long wheelbase, as this is going to be my trailer puller.
    I am posting lots of pix and updates on my cardomain page:
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3163923/2
    [​IMG]

2. I like it, but as you can see by my avatar, I am partial to those trucks....

3. I love it, should make a great tow rig!

4. that is a face is one only a mother could love.. that front clip just looks like someone making a funny face.. I think its cause of the bent grille bar and tin? holding it together.. it will be a badass truck once its fixed up though..

5. Shagrat

Shagrat

Made a little progress today. The cab mounts are done. Getting ready to trim the inner fenders and work on the radiator support mount. Did a little scrubbing on it also. It has yellow paint under the faded red, so it's got an orange look to it. I like it.[​IMG][​IMG]

6. sololobo

sololobo

Cool ass truck, go for the gusto bro. NOt another usual chebby or Ford, atta boy!! ~Sololobo~

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  7. Inspirational, keep on truckin man.

8. StephensonMopars

StephensonMopars
    from Hawaii

looks great keep up the good work keep it all mopar i have many projects in army leaving for iraq shorty