Register now to get rid of these ads!

55' chevy panel truck chop?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bhave232, Jul 16, 2008.

1. bhave232

bhave232

I have a 55' chevy panel. I am seriously debating chopping it and I was wondering if anyone has ever done a chop on one before? If so let me know. I couldn't really find anything on the web about it.

2. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Might look kind of slick... I've got a line on 3 of these type trucks/suburbans... Anyone interested in the 3 truck package for $2000?

3. kustombypook

kustombypook

A quick photo shop

Attached Files:

4. last g-man

last g-man

....... maybe, I've got a '49. Pics?

Ed

5. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

disgusting, it would be so hard to not warp the huge long flat side panels when you weld them back together

6. hot_rod_17

hot_rod_17

Very high risk/reward. Seems like it would be easy to screw up. However, if it turned out right, it would be completely bitch lookin'. I SAY GO FOR IT....

7. I like these not chopped, but have seen tasteful chops for sure. The key is not to over do it. Otherwise it will look too long.

8. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

Dont do it! panel trucks are meant to haul shit around on the inside. why would you want to take away from function? workin Mules man!

9. KernCountyKid

KernCountyKid
    from Arkansas

early 55 or late 55? they're still makin the AD trucks early that year.

10. brewsir

brewsir

yea don't do it...I mean ...hell...cars are really meant just to haul people thats why we don't chop them either....and since they are just meant to haul people don't put a 500 horse motor in one so it can haul ass as opposed to asses. Restore it and you will be much happier.

Or you can step over to the dark side and do what you want and screw the thing up for good! Here's one (ok so its a ford) I did a lot of the chop on (with the help of Mac and Renee) It even won best kustom at the Strangers show last weekend....must not be a good idea to chop a panel huh?

Attached Files:

11. bhave232

bhave232

Its a second series '55. I'm putting a 355 chevy engine and a turbo 350 tranny. I am highly debating this chop. I can't help it. haha. Went to roundup in austin this year and I saw like ten panels. It was crazy. I really want to bust ass on it and drop jaws next year. Is there anyone in houston that has experience? If so let me know.