Register now to get rid of these ads!

'55 Chevy History wanted...Ran at Conn., N.E. & Lebanon Valley

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WICKEDJOHN, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Looking for any info. on this '55 Chevy! It ran Connecticut, New England and Lebanon Valley Dragway area. Was a straight axle car...you can see where frame was cut and rewelded..... over time someone grafted a independent front back on. Was 396 CI Big Block Chevy set back in firewall, rollbar, lots of tin work firewall and inside, lift off glass front end, rear wheel wells done many years ago. Odometer set at 1955 miles! Sorry, I do not have much to go on....Was white in color and white primer? Hope someone that ran New England area Dragways will recognize it. This car is owned by a good friend of mine and would like to help him hunt for some history on it....Thank you, John

Attached Files:

2. That its a hard top should make it easier to identify since more were built from sedans. It would be wild if it was the Pink Panther or was that Puffer
    car that in one of the gasser books.

3. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I don't know if it will help or not, but have him spend a little time in my tri five gasser photo files in the link below. There are nearly 7,000 55-57 gassers, super stockers, street freaks and other such photos there. Perhaps he will see an old shot of the car with some defining factor that tells him it is the same car. Happy viewing.

4. Thanks Panneton Bros. and Bob (Redlinetoys).....At least I got some direction on the search now....and I never tire looking at '55 chevy old race cars! Thank you, John

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Bttt!..... :) Still Looking for info. on this '55? Anyone?.........

6. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Do not have info. But I like that car very sharp looking.

7. 32 bowtie

32 bowtie

Threre is one on CL out of Somerset Mass that looked close to it. Thought I was going to be able to help but in comparing the pictures, they are definately different.