Register now to get rid of these ads!

55 Chevy gasser....Fab pics.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kiwi Kev, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Shakey Puddin....Good to hear from you! Your 55 looks so badass! One of my favorite 55's of all time. Keep us updated. I'm sure these cars will get together someday.

2. Dirty2

Dirty2

Very nice. Great fab work.

3. Amazing the kind of takent we have on this here message board! Nice fab job!:cool: :cool: Bob Falfa would be proud!:D :D
    JT

4. Beautiful fab work, you are very talented!!-MIKE:eek: :D

5. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

so , Puddin, how is the front end workin out for you? I see you did the front high cross steer like i do, I just did two more and man they drive good... we are bringin the gold 55 out to good guys next week, it is done the same way... keep us posted, :cool:

6. Lancer

Lancer

Nice job Kev, keep us posted.

Love those Gassers!

7. BEEE AAAAA UTIFUL!!!!!!!!

8. Nice work Kev!!!!

9. lakesmod

lakesmod

Beautiful welds,a shame to paint them.
    Fred

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

good stuff. I'd like to steal some of your ideas for this 57 I bought, but I need to put it together to sell to finance my other junk, so it will go back together "regular"

what kind of welder are you using? I used to know an iron worker who could make those pretty welds with a stick welder. guy was amazing.

11. My welder is a Pow Con 200 SM. I bought it because it is a 3 in 1 machine, Mig, Tig [scratch start], and stick. I would never recommend it though because it is a real bitch to adjust compared to a Miller or Lincoln. I have a real Tig machine now so that's not an issue anymore.

12. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

With the shackle sitting like that, do you actually have any suspension travel?

13. Lou

Lou

Nice Work !!!!

14. ResedaCoupe

ResedaCoupe
    from Benson, VT

Wow, real nice work. Looking forward to the follow ups.

Thanks

15. Nice job, looks great! I wish I had those shots of the tilt frontend setup around when I had my fiberglass frontend for my '56, just awesome!

16. Kev, very nice work indeed; another 55 gets a new lease on life as a gasser! I also wonder about that one shot where the shackle is flat against the spring. ?
    On another note I wanna thank you for the louver samples you sent to me; watch for something in the mail from me soon. You puttin any louvers anywhere on this 55?

17. Don't worry about the shackle guys. When the spring gets a few more leafs [sp?] it will have the correct shackle angle and won't be able to do that. It actually came down hard off the floor jack and over centered. Like I said, it won't do that with the correct amount of spring leafs. Don't have plans to louver anything on the 55 but who knows?

18. Gasser 55

Gasser 55
    from beaver

I also have a 55 gasser with a 50 chevy axle what did those discs come off of i wanted to convert

By the way that looks awesome keep us updated

19. Absolutelyfuckingbitchen!

You do nice work.

And it's gonna haul ass... I like that!

Sam.

20. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Well we were hoping to give it a test run today but we still have a few little things to get done. I'll let you know.
    If you want to see it run for the first time with the new straight axle, head out to Speedworld Raceway Park on Friday night for the Nostalgia drags!

21. 49Ratfink........ not sure I answered your question. I MIG welded that as I do most things I build.
    Gasser55...... I know the disc brakes are GM but I don't know exactly what. Just pick up a Classic Truck magazine and I'm sure you'll find an ad for disc brake kits.

22. CalGasser

CalGasser

Looking good Kevin! How does that shackle work again?:eek: :p Vic

23. Crease

Crease

24. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

I've got a '55 Ex-Gasser myself and I've got to tell you I'm very impressed with your fabrication abilities. Just seeing those front framework photos tells me that you've built some fine cars in the past. Look forward to seeing more photos.

25. Very nice fabrication work! Lovin the quality of your welding......

26. 55olds88

55olds88

Looking good Kev, make sure there is a good latch on the front end, nothing like having to pull over and wait for the man when the tilt front tilts in the middle of a chase its happened.....
    Did I ever ask if you knew the Kiwi I saw at Palmdale with a crimson metalic 55 2 door about 14 years ago ? Can't remember his name !

27. moparvetern

moparvetern

how are you going to set up the steering?? i want to build a gasser one day and always on the lookout for info on them.

28. Moparvetern........ Steering is cross steer using a GM 525 manual box. There is a 55 Chevy steering arm mounted to the top 2 holes of the RH spindle. A new drag link will connect it to the box and a couple of U joints will connect the box to the column.
    55Olds88.....never did meet that guy from Palmdale.

29. Blitzer

Blitzer

ABSOLUTELY BEEUUTIFUL!

Man, that is a top notch job

30. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Very impressive, that´s exactly how I would do it... :) Thanks for sharing and keep us updated. --mika